Priceline Hotel: Re-bidding in an area without re-bid zones?

bitz
By bitz,
in

I'm trying to book one night in Homestead, Florida, but only one zone is available. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how I can rebid when there are no additional re-bid zones available.

If I'm indeed not able to rebid, what strategies you guys would use to choose the one price you bid? I was comparing to Hotwire for a baseline, and seems the 2* hotels are going for $96. So I was thinking maybe $50 for a 2.5* on PL? What do you think? I don't need the room till Feb 16, so still have a bit of time left to rebid once a day if really necessary.

Thanks in advance!

You'll only be able to bid once every 24 hours, so start early and plan accordingly.

You can't always compare HOTWIRE prices and equate them to PRICELINE bidding, but since you're trying to do so, i think you're expectations are probably too great... you're not likely to get a 2.5* on PRICELINE for half the price of the 2* on HOTWIRE.

What is the best deal you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru traditional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is the best deal you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru traditional booking channels?

Expedia and RegTag are both showing Days Inn for $89, and Super 8 for $76. (Both are 2*s).

Seems you were right about my hopes for a $50 room from PL. I tried $50 for 2.5* 2 days ago, and then just now, I tried $50 for both 2.5* and 2*.

Looks like I will have to bump it up a bit keep trying again tomorrow.

Any additional suggestions..?

Based upon the $89 rates you've found through conventional booking channels, what is your current maximum bid? Are you willing to pay more than $89 for a higher rated hotel thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]