Length of stay

guru533
By guru533,
in

Just wondering, I am planning to stay for a week and noticed most stays posted are for just a couple of days. Is it better if I break up the bid into 2 separate bids? Will that improve my chances? I'm ok with staying at 2 different hotels. Just wondering if its harder to get hotel rooms via PL if the length of stay is too long.

It depends upon the location and if there are rate changes over the course of your stay. See SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID for more info and a more indepth discussion of this subject.

If you post the details of your trip (dates, desired star rating, city, zone, budget, etc) we'll have a look and comment accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Great, thanks for the help and yes I always use your links when bidding. I'm planning to stay in Orange County, CA from March 10-17. I would like to stay at 3.5* or above hotels during my stay. I have already tried to book a room for that week but have not had any luck. I tried,

Anaheim South 3.5* - Started at 45 and added 3 per free rebid up to $57

Newport Beach 4.0* - Started at 60 and added 2 per free rebid up to $78

No luck on either. I would like to bid up to $60 for 3.5* and up to $80 for 4.0*. Do you think that is doable for the week or would I have better luck breaking it up into 2 different bids? I'm ok with moving hotels if that will give me a better chance. Thanks.

Rates in the Newport Beach area do fluctuate a bit throughout the week depending upon the property, but in Anaheim they seem a bit more constant, although also a bit higher than usual.

Since you're so close to your maximum bid i would simply bid up to your maximum in each zone, then you can try SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID if unsuccessful, but at this point i think it would be worth the extra $2-$3 more per nite than to have to change hotel.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- note this priceline win for almost identical dates where the user needed to go as high as $92 to win a 3.5* in the Anaheim zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]