Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hilton Garden Inn

Eklipxe
By Eklipxe,
in

Last minute decision to attend Live 8. But a very strange thing happened to me while bidding for this. I orignally tried 3* bidding (using other non- 3* zones for rebids) up to $55. I even decided to take other areas with 3* in it (Airport, University, etc.) to no avail. Repeated with 2.5*, no luck. Finally settled for 2* hotels. Started with $45, upped to 50, and then 55 again. just when I was about to give up and settle for the suburbs or outerlying areas, my bid gets accepted... and " "Congratulations, you got your price of $55 for a hotel room, and we've upgraded your hotel quality level to a 3-star hotel!"

Anyone ever have this happen to them??

Anyhow, looking forward to the madness.

Congratulations on your win!

We've seen this a few times and have concluded that either 1) a glitch in Priceline's system (such as a communication error) resulted in the rejection or 2) prices changed during the course of your bidding.

Don't think anyone can say for certain.

Do you recall the amount of your bid immediately prior to this $55 acceptance?

Enjoy your stay and thanks for posting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]