Bidding on Car Rental

wjcassidy
By wjcassidy,
in

Well I'm still working on flights but I think ball park March 16 -23. , I would prefer a small SUV like a Rav4 or ford escape.

I figure that once I book my flight, I will work on hotel and car .

It am hoping to spend no more than 300. In total for the car, if that's realistic.

Flying in and out of Charkestoj Intl airport

Hi there

I will be looking to bid on a vehicle for march 29-April 6

My flight on April 6 is actually 6 am ,. I'm assuming that I would be able to return a car very early in the am on that Friday

I would like a mid sized SUV - RAV4, ford escape or the like

I hope to pay under 300 total if this is realistic

First time bidding on a car, I am a fan of hotel bidding, why not bid on a vehicle for the best price

Thanks for any advice

I'm not sure if all rental agencies are in-terminal at this location... some might be off-site and require a shuttle back to the airport.

HOTWIRE is currently offering a mid-size SUV for $27/day which comes to $303 all-in, right at your budget.

Do you want to go with this HOTWIRE offer or try bidding on PRICELINE?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

i would Love to try to bid on Priceline, but I have a 6am flight, so the car has to be returned at 5am. I think I need to be certain the rental is in the terminal. Looked at Car rental.com. Nothing great.

On the plus side, I have time since I'm going from March 29-April 6. I'll keep looking while I figure out what to do.

I'll be bidding on Hotels in Asheville and Charleston for this trip, so I'll query you for advice on those in a few weeks on the NC AND SC forums.See you there!II

i have my dates, but I'm planning to bid about 2 weeks before I go.

...I have a 6am flight, so the car has to be returned at 5am.

This could still be a little tight... any possibility of returning the car the night before and staying near the airport that nite? (return car, car rental shuttle to airport, airport shuttle to hotel... you can even check-in to the hotel before you drop-off the rental vehicle to make the shuttles a bit easier to deal with without luggage)

...I have time since I'm going from March 29-April 6. I'll keep looking while I figure out what to do.

Have you decided to bid for this rental?

i have my dates, but I'm planning to bid about 2 weeks before I go.

Let us know if/when you're ready to move forward and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]