Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel

douknownam
By douknownam,
in

Will staying in the Downtown region suffice? First time to NOLA and am looking for a touristy time. Will try again another day.

The French Quarter is your first choice, but deals there are fewer than in the adjacent zones and usually more expensive. In the Downtown zone, 4* at the farthest, you're looking at the Hyatt, which is 2/3 mile walk (or a 3 minute cab ride) to the quarter, but you might also get the Sheraton, which is right across the street from the Quarter. Similar for the Convention Center zone.

Just to 'throw it out there' HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be the Sheraton for $103/nite... while not the best hotel in New Orleans, if you're looking for location this hotel is right on Canal and across the street from the zone boundary that separates French Quarter and Downtown.

Let us know if this is of interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been to New Orleans many times and I agree with the posts above. Its hard to find a good deal on hotels in the French Quarter. However, downtown New Orleans is very close. I'm staying at the Hyatt next weekend and am very pleased because I got it for $90 a night. However, taxis are expensive so if you're really on a budget this might mean some extra walking. Honestly, I dont think its that big of a deal because you can experience more of New Orleans anyway. Also, there is much more to New Orleans than the French Quarter so staying downtown might allow you to see and do a little more.

After unsuccessful bids for the French Quarter, I decided to give the Downtown area a shot.

Bid History:

Zone 3 - $79

Added Zone 4 - $80

Added Zone 5 - $83

Added Zone 6 - $87

Added Zone 7 - $92 --success!

First time using this strategy, thanks! Also, I did use the PRICELINE link.

Summary of Charges

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $92.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $276.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $53.37 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $329.37 (USD)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]