Hotwire Hotel: 3* Harrisburg (West) Radisson Penn Harris Hotel

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

need to get a chocolate fix, so we're heading to Hershey Park, two rooms needed. Rates during the summer are typically high and I saw a 2* available with the following amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access. The rate was $89. I can get what appears to be the Crowne Plaza in Harrisburg for $70, but they charge $8 a day for parking. I stayed here about two years ago using Priority Club points and the hotel was fine. So, with free parking and free breakfast, and being closer to Hershey, the 2* is looking pretty good. Any clues as to the identity?

PS, the Wyndham still has its 72 hour sale and I can get the Harrisburg Wyndham Garden for $69 a night, this is a prepaid, non cancellable rate but with free parking :) but no free breakfast :) We will be 3 adults and 4 children, so a PA bagel with schmeer and coffee would save time and $$ compared to going to a diner for breakfast.

There is a HoJo Inn located in Hershey, it has High Speed Wireless Internet available, but no mention of the free breakfast or fitness center Maybe they shoved a 1970's era Universal Gym into one of the rooms :) There is a coupon on the hotel's website for a special rate of $89.40, subject to availability..... the HoJo Inn is only 4 miles to Hershey Park.

• 3 weeks later...

finally booked two rooms using Hotwire, and of course, used Savingsbarn.com to access the site. Hotwire allows users to perform a search for two adults and two children, and by using the list of Identified hotels, I felt confident that I would get the Radisson in Camp Hill. It is only about 20-25 Minutes from Hershey and the exhorbitant hotel rates in that area. Last year, we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Hershey using HHonors points, and now they want $229 per night :)

Radisson Penn Harris Hotel & Convention Center

2 room(s) @ $65.00 per night, SubTotal:$130.00, Taxes and fees: $16.95 Total $ 146.95

Amenities: Airport Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center ,High-Speed Internet Access, Children's Activity Program, Tennis Nearby, Business Center.

Yes, still in Harrisburg West zone. Without betterbidding, I would have never considered this zone, I thought it was too far from Hershey Park. But, because I was able to ID the Radisson, I realized this was within a tolerable drive to the park and was able to save more than $75.00 on each room compared to other hotels in the Harrisburg East or Hershey zone. My cancellable backup was at the Hampton Inn in Harrisburg, now I can put 25,000 HHonors points back into the bank!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]