Hotwire Hotel: 4* Montreal Downtown Identification Problems

Stu71584
By Stu71584,
in

Hi,

I am new to this whole hotwire/ Priceline thing, and looking around these boards, have found the lists of hotels and their amenities to help you identify which hotel you are booking. i am planning a 2 night stay for four people starting august 5th and ending august 7th. the offer I recieved was for a four star hotel for 127 with the following amenities: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center. this description doesnt match any of the four star hotels in this zone. i tried the vacation package trick thing, but it tried to offer a different hotel in the package. any ideas about what i'm buying here, or even like 2-3 possibilities so i can at least see what i "might" get?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not sure of the 4* hotel you're seeing, but here is an idea (if you're up for it)... if you search for 2adults/2children (which still ensures that you'll have sleeping accomodations for four people) you get a different offering of hotels (and a few dollars cheaper).

If you're willing to book for 2a/2c instead of 4adults i think this could be away around the 'unknown' hotel above.

Let us know your thoughts or if we should look further at the other hotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i'm not completely adverse to doing the 2 adult 2 children thing, but will i have any problems at check in? we were going to sneak another person in anyways, because we really have 5 guys going up there with us, but we dont mind sleeping on the floor. what do you think my best option is? basically im trying to stay under 150 a night. let me know what you guys think...

There is always a chance that something could go wrong, but i would put it as the same chance as the risk you're taking with the fifth person in the room. I would be 'smart' about it and not have everyone go to the check-in desk (only have one person, maybe two) while the others either wander around the lobby or wait someplace else nearby for everyone to meet.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well i had actually tried the 2a/2c thing the day you posted that and i got the same hotel and ameneties as before just a little cheaper. i didnt reply right away becuase i wanted to try again for a few more days before posting on here again. do you think maybe this hotel is the hyatt and they have it listed as 4 star instead of 3.5 star? i dont really care as much about WHAT hotel it is, but i'l like to know the area its in a little better than the zone they give you on there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]