Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Docklands) Hilton London Docklands

pamela21
By pamela21,
in

After some research on the BetterBidding board and TripAdvisor Reviews, I was hoping to bid and win a stay at Hilton London Hyde Park, for the property's proximity to Central London attractions. My strategy was for 2 Bedrooms, 4 Star, Notting Hill - Bayswater area, with a budget of $90. Considering recent wins on the board, I thought I would have a good chance. Also on my radar was Hilton London Canary Wharf (hence my final bid).

Bid #1 $75/night 5 Star

London (Notting Hill - Bayswater)

Declined

Bid #2 $80/night 4 Star

Declined

Bid #2 $81/night 4 Star

London (Bloomsbury - Marble Arch)

Declined

Bid #3 $82/night 4 Star

London (Mayfair - Soho)

Declined

Bid #4 $83/night 4 Star

London (Mayfair - Soho)

London (Wembley)

Declined

Bid #5 $84/night 4 Star

London (Mayfair - Soho)

London (Wembley)

London (Hammersmith)

Declined

Bid #6 $85/night 4 Star

London (Mayfair - Soho)

London (Wembley)

London (Docklands)

Accepted

Hilton London Docklands

Room Subtotal: US$340.00

Taxes & Fees: US$78.68

Total Charged to Card: US$418.68

FYI: Best Available Rate on the Hilton Website is

I haven't stayed there (I've walked past it), but it is a pretty new hotel. The Docklands Museum is very close to it. It has free admission and is well worth a visit. The Tube and DLR both connect nearby so not too far out. I think the Hilton Hyde Park tends to work better for cheap rates on weekends, so that might be why no luck on that one. Also, I learned with experience that it is better to close the browser and start on a fresh zone as a new bid and then add the previously declined area as a re-bid zone, which you can get away with. PL doesn't make it intuitive that you can do that, it wasn't until digging through the archives and finding SmilingBoy's matrix that I figured this out (and then my bidding got a lot more strategic). I don't know that you would have gotten anything cheaper this way, $85 a night is still a great deal for a decent hotel in London. (i.e. I would have started a fresh bid at $80 with Docklands, if no go, then add Notting Hill at $81, the Westminster at $82, etc.)

Also check out London Walks -- they have a menu of about 40 inexpensive walking tours, every day they have things ranging from the classic sights to the more obscure. I like exploring when I'm in London (there are so many layers and new and interesting things to see) and found all sorts of other walks on the Time Out London website, including maps for self-guided ones and links to free walking clubs.

Congratulations on your success!

While not a hotel you were expecting, glad to see you're pleased with the savings and this will work for your needs this trip.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board for your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]