Priceline Hotel: Failed bid 4* Downtown 7/12-7/17

Illinimom
By Illinimom,
in

We'll be in Seattle for 5 nights and I considered staying downtown for only 2 or 3 nights to keep costs down (we're using Marriott points for the other nights). I read the bidding procedure suggested on this site and started by bidding for a 4 star in Downtown area for the first 2 nights at $96 and added areas upping my bid until I reached $120. I then changed dates for the last 2 nights and repeated the sequence; again I had no success. Is it worth trying again after 72 hours? How high should/could I expect to go?

Thanks for any advice.

I added all areas, one at a time, except for Bellvue and North-Lynwood as I believe that they have 4 star hotels and we were trying to stay downtown. I started with the 7/15 - 7/17, and then for 7/12 - 7/15.

Thanks for the quick response (and in spite of our Big 10 loyalty differences!)

Both the Sheraton and the Weston are sold-out the nite of the 15th.

If you bid again for 7/12-7/14 i think you will likely find success (likely between $90-$110). If you want the 3 nites of 7/12-7/15, you can go to Hotwire where they are offering a 4* Customer Favorite in the Pike Place zone for $134/nite (your price may differ slightly)... i suspect that this is the Westin or Sheraton and if you're a new user you can get an additional $10 off per nite by using the coupon code 'GIFTCARD06' bringing your cost down to $124/nite.

Let us know if you need more specific help and what you decide to do.

PS- you may want to review how to determine your RE-BID ZONES... let us know if you need additional info in that regard

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On Hotwire I'm getting a 4 star Customer Favorite at $150 for July 12-14. After my failure last night in booking on Priceline, I went ahead and booked directly through the Westin and got a room for those nights for $199. I have already used Hotwire several times so the coupon code wouldn't work for me.

When I tried July 12 - 15 on Hotwire, I only come up with a 3.5 star Customer Favorite Downtown for $138. There is a Boutique Hotel available in the Space Needle area for $98 for that time period...any idea which hotel that may be? Our son is staying in housing in that area while in training for his job so we wouldn't mind being there.

When I did my rebidding, I added one zone at a time, each time upping my bid by $4 or $5 (starting with Downtown only). I stopped when the only areas left were Bellevue and Lynwood as I believed they would have 4* options which I did not want.

Are you a Seattle expert as well as a Priceline/Hotwire expert? We are driving to see Mt. St. Helens one of the days. Do you recommend a ferry trip to Victoria or is a one day trip too short? Wine country? Olympic National Forest?

Again, thanks for your help.

I have family in Seattle so i've been each year for the last few, but don't know much about the ferry, i'm sure others will chime in.

A family member did do the ferry to Victoria for one day and thought the gardens were very nice. I've spent a few days at Chatteu St. Michelle in the area (we drink their Riesling often) and although they don't actually grow the grapes there, it's a nice way to spend a few hours having a bottle of win and picnicing on their grounds.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]