CA Los Angeles Westin Bonaventure Downtown

Shingwedzi
By Shingwedzi,
in

Stayed here for two nights in May. Was given two double beds and a nonsmoking room as requested. Was on 17th floor of red tower. Had Heavenly beds, coffeemaker with Starbucks coffee, Sony Dream Machine CD player/radio alarm, Speakman double shower heads. No minibar. One robe, though I requested another in a note I left with my tip for the maid, and the second robe was there when I returned the next day. Fairly small pie-shaped room. Stained rug and tub. Wayport available $12.95/day, from time of purchase until check-in time on the next day. Room service breakfast prices: continental= $13 +17.5% service charge + $3 guestroom private dining charge + taxes; full breakfast= $24 +17.5% service charge +$3 guestroom private dining charge + taxes.

On one morning the fire alarm went off but a subsequent message informed us that it was a false alarm.

Purchased a meal from a small Panda Express-style restaurant on the 4th floor--it was truly awful (had probably been on the steam table all day), we gave it to a homeless man outside the hotel. Nearby Ciudad, Cafe Pinot, CA Pizza Kitchen and Koo Koo Roo are all better eating choices.

Parking was $25. Guests are supposed to be able to phone down so that the car will be ready. This worked on one morning. However, on the second morning, getting my car turned into a fiasco. I then wished I had parked in the lot across the street.

The water archway was broken in the lobby. For me this was symbolic of what this formerly grand hotel has become. The Bonnie is serviceable, however, and remains a bargain through opaque bidding sites.

• 5 months later...

Great stay, but noisy room.

There are four elevator banks at the Bonadventure, so it could be the case that every room has elevator noise. We stayed in 2017, and heard the clickity-clack of the elevator all night long. The beds were very comfortable, and the shower head was great. For the price, I don't think I've ever gotten this good of a deal before.

Also, if you stay at the Bonadventure, make sure and go up to the 360 degree rotating view room cocktail lounge-- it's a great view. We split a large bottle of sparkling water for $10.

• 7 months later...

Stayed here last night.

I called ahead to make sure the room would have two beds (it seems I *always* end up with two beds in a priceline room, even though 95% of the time I'm only looking for one), and got transferred to a national reservation system that wouldn't ("couldn't") help me because I was a priceline customer. (They did tell me that I was slated for a room with one bed, but that they wouldn't ("couldn't") change it.)

I hung up and called back, asked for the front desk this time (instead of reservations), and they were pleased to put me in a room with two beds. I asked for a high floor, she said the two-bed rooms only go up to 20, but she'd be happy to put me on the 20th floor. Checked in after 1 in the morning, my 20th floor room was ready. (I checked in in 60 seconds flat.)

The room was clean and well appointed, two shower heads and the heavenly bed (although not as heavenly as the newer Westin hotels, still nice). The rooms are a tad on the small side, but not unreasonable. The bathroom was large.

I feel that downtown LA is one of the most undervalued areas on priceline. I can't believe you can get a $200 / night room, almost any night of the week, for $55 or $60.

I had a great experience and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• 1 year later...

Just returned from the stay. The staff was great and very helpful. The hotel is not up to normal Westin standards, but basically knew that from the reviews beforehand. The restaurants on the fourth floor were wonderful since we had teenagers with us. A little bit of everything for everybody and good prices. The only complaint is the small beds and the property needs a little tenderloving care. Overall a great deal, an okay hotel with a wonderful staff.

• 2 months later...

We booked through Priceline a room for 2 night (08/30/08, 08/31/08) for $70+taxes. We were so excited looking at the hotel website, thinking to have got a great deal. Instead, I guess they do have "Priceline rooms", or at least I hope that the room we got was not the average of the hotel.

The room was small, close to the elevator (which is still fine), the carpet is disgusting (I almost didn't want to walk with bare feet on it), really really old, I felt like I was staying in a motel. Even the creamer for the coffee was expired. The guy a the front desk was really rude after he saw we were priceline guests.

The good points were the man at the concierge (really helpful, he reserved a restaurant for us and gave us maps, etc.), the lobby of course and the area which is safe overall.

I will never go back, neither with priceline nor without. Would definitively not recommend.

I didn't try to ask for a different room at the front desk, because the guy had been so rude at chek-in that I thought it would be useless. He acted like he had not time to lose with a priceline guest, he even did not accept my starwood preferred guest card.

Not to talk about the $42 parking, which all of us know about. I had read in several postings that there are other options but actually the closest parkings were $30 or $37 a day, but with no in and out option. We have been lucky we could park one block after the hotel for $9.90 because of the weekend (again though, no in and out, but $20 is better than $42).

Thanks to everyone

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]