Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Madison (State Capitol - University - Central) Sheraton Madison

iowacrowe
By iowacrowe,
in

Just won this using the HOTWIRE link from this website. First and foremost, thanks again to all that maintain this site and for the information provided here.

I was actually hoping for the Hilton, which is just off the Capitol area. Much better location as for what we will be doing and where we are going. That being said, I've stayed at the Sheraton before and it's a nice hotel as well. Beds and pillows are comfortable, and they offer a free shuttle service until 10:00 or so. If you are out late, it's a small fee for a taxi from the State Street/Capitol area back to the Sheraton. If this is the only cab ride you take, it would offset the parking fee you would have had at the Hilton.

One thing that should be noted regarding the free shuttle - you may need to reserve this in advance. Last time we were there the shuttle was tied up with convention guests and wasn't available for two hours. It's free, so call ahead and there is no penalty if you decide not to use it at that time. Be courteous though and let them know you don't need it, just don't leave them hanging, and calling your room when you fail to show up.

One thing about the 90% and 95% Hotwire guests recommended comments. 95% DOES NOT guarantee you the Hilton. I saw a 3 1/2 star last week for $54 or so dollars with 90% recommended. I read some other posts on here where one person went into exstensive detail about how a certain percentage meant it was probably a certain hotel. 90% being the Sheraton, 95% being the Hilton. I waited, saw the 95% today and thought I'd get the Hilton. I didn't. I'm not upset with the person that posted this. As I said the Sheraton is fine with me. Just wanted to point out that you shouldn't go by the % recommended.

Going to see Colin Hay (Men At Work) at The Majestic. It will be a good time.

Thanks again Better Bidding!

Sorry to hear that you got the Sheraton rather than the Hilton, but glad it will still work out okay.

The HOTWIRE customer %'s are not a reliable indicator, as there's nothing to check current % against (as there is when tripadvisor ratings are showing on the detail page of a listing), and the %'s have sometimes been seen to change from search-to-search.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the concert.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]