Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Hyatt Regency New Orleans

clc0052
By clc0052,
in

I've been bidding on 4* in the French Quarter for at least a week. My max bid used has been $106 and haven't had any luck.

Looking at the retail prices it seems that there is a significant increase for that weekend for all star levels in all zones. Anyone know why? The Saints won't have a home game that weekend. Everyone that's there for the college National Championship game should be long gone by then. The only thing I can think of is that it's MLK Weekend so it is a holiday weekend, but a look at the calender of wins for MLK weekend last year didn't show an unusual spike in pricing.

Thanks in advance

Yeah, rates are definitely up that weekend. There's a pretty big photog convention starting Sunday, maybe that's part of it...

Hotwire has a Downtown 4.5 for $105 for your dates. That usually is Le Pavillion, which is just a 5 minute walk to the Quarter. I haven't seen any Hotwire wins at the newly re-opened Hyatt, so that might also be a 4.5 star possibility.

I've been bidding on 4* in the French Quarter for at least a week. My max bid used has been $106 and haven't had any luck.

Looking at the retail prices it seems that there is a significant increase for that weekend for all star levels in all zones. Anyone know why? The Saints won't have a home game that weekend. Everyone that's there for the college National Championship game should be long gone by then. The only thing I can think of is that it's MLK Weekend so it is a holiday weekend, but a look at the calender of wins for MLK weekend last year didn't show an unusual spike in pricing.

Thanks in advance

Given the high prices in FQ, would downtown be acceptable? I'm seeing a downtown for $119 (4.5*) and a downtown 4* for $104 when searching this evening.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

FQ is far and away my first choice, but Downtown would be acceptable, unless I got stuck in the Hyatt. We will spend most of our time in the FQ and the Hyatt is a pretty good walk from there.

I have stayed in the Sheraton before and would love to stay there again. Any idea what hotels those are that you're seeing?

I just did a search for the Downtown Zone that ranged from 4* to 2.5* and bid $85 each time. Still no luck. Can't believe I can't get a 2.5* in NOLA for $85 when you can usually get a 4* for around $60. And it's driving me nuts that I can't figure out what's creating the demand down there next weekend.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]