Hotwire Hotel: 4* Du Pont - Need help IDing please

cherikm
By cherikm,
in

I'm looking for a hotel in DC for May 16-19th, and found a Hotwire price of $189 for a four star in Dupont Circle. The ammenities are:

smoke free, fitness center, restaurant, business center and hi speed internet. The property is recommended in 90% of Hotwire reviews. Can you possibly help ID this hotel for me?

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Santa Rosa thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then reply to this topic and we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

These amenities are common for a 4* hotel in most cities and the above matches previous reports for the Hotel Palomar, The Dupont Hotel and the Westin City Center... so any of these would be likely outcomes.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, the first two options would be great, but the Westin is not really in the Dupont Circle area (although Hotwire says it is) and too far from my daughter's apartment so I think I'll pass and keep looking through the non opaque sites. It's really a pricey time for DC I'm finding.

I do have one more question. The thing that puzzles me is the 90% customer rating. I looked on Hotwire as if to book a vacation package, which identifies the hotels, and none of the three possibles has a 90% customer rating. In fact the only 90% rating I could find was the Fairfax Embassy Row, which is 4.5*. Any thoughts?

The HOTWIRE customer % ratings are not reliable indicators of a property; there nothing to check current ratings against (as there is when tripadvisor ratings are showing on the detail page for a HOTWIRE listing.) I believe the vacation package side of the service is powered by Expedia.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 months later...

I'm still looking for a reasonable option for this purchase, and Hotwire is now showing a 3.5 property in the DuPont Circle area for $205 that includes a complimentary breakfast, pool, tennis and golf nearby, fitness, free internet, business center. Can't seem to match this up with anything. Can you help identify?

Thanks

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please reply to this thread with the full list of amenities associated with this offer and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your future bidding, searches and purchases... please click each of the previous links before replying.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]