Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Hyatt Regency New Orleans

msolberg
By msolberg,
in

I have been bidding every day for 2 rooms, 2 nights for 3/3/12-3/5/12 in New Orleans with no luck. This was my latest attempt which I was trying to secure a 4* in the French Quarter.

Bid 1 4* FQ - 99.00 - rejected

Bid 2 4* added New Orleans East 104.00 rejected

Bid 3 4* added Garden 105.00 rejected

Bid 4 4* added West 106.00 rejected

Bid 5 4* added Metarie 107.00 rejected

Bid 6 4* added Airport 108.00 rejected

We do have fully refundable reservations (thank goodness) just in case.

Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!!

Diane

PS - I use the PRICELINE link each time. :)

There are relatively few 4* hotels in the French Quarter zone. Have you considered including the adjacent Downtown and/or Convention Center zones? Those are both walkable to the Quarter, and add a lot more 4* possibilities.

Oh, I guess I didn't realize that. I will indeed try an area zone to see if that helps.

We reserved the Holiday Inn French Quarter which I think is a 3* for 165.00+ tax a night for a total of 754.22 for two rooms, two nights. Although we had to prepay the reservation, it is fully refundable with cancellation.

Please note from our Support Page that we're an affiliate of the Holiday Inn as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies, please check for and use the links there to begin your future 'retail' purchases.

Did you now want to add Downtown to your bidding or the Convention Center as well? (if you look at the PRICELINE zone map of this area you'll see that the Convention Center is further from the French Quarter than the Downtown area) What is your maximum bid for any of these zone(s)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Even with Downtown, based upon current rates i think you'll need to bid higher than you already have... probably somewhere in the $125-$145 area i'm guessing.

You can stop and/or adjust the numbers as you wish, but i would bid as follows (using an example of $130 as a maximum bid), using your FIVE re-bid zones:

Select 4* French Quarter...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* French Quarter and Downtown...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Again, you can adjust the numbers accordingly if you're not willing to bid up to $130 at this time, but you can at least use the above as a strategy with your own bid amounts. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]