Hotwire Hotel: Help Identifying Hotwire Hotels in Downtown Hartford

trinchick
By trinchick,
in

We're looking to get three rooms for two nights in downtown Hartford. Two hotels come up; using your list I think I've ID'd one, but I'd like your opinion, as well as suggestions for the second.

3.5 Downtown Hartford; Amenities are fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center. I'm pretty sure this is the Ramada Plaza (formerly Crowne Plaza). Cost is $65/night.

The other hotel is:

3* Downtown Hartford; Amenities are complimentary breakfast, fitness center, business center, laundry, hi-speed internet access. Cost is $81/night and gets positive reviews 75%. I think this is one of the Holiday Inn Express hotels in Hartford. However, not sure which one. Would love it to be the Asylum Street location, but the Brainard Road one would be a no-go since we're looking for something in walking distance from the Civic Center.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sorry! Dates are January 20-22, 2012.

I've done some more looking around, and I noticed that the Brainerd Rd Holiday Inn Express has an outdoor pool, which is not listed on the amenities. Not sure if it typically is.

Also, Hotwire notes that the Tripadvisor review rating is 3.5 stars, which is the same as the HIE on Asylum Street. The Brainerd Rd HIE gets 4 stars on Tripadvisor. Not sure if that is reliable info for id'ing the hotel.

Thanks again!

I'd agree best guess for the 3.5* is the Ramada Plaza.

For the other property, both of the Holiday Inn Express properties in this zone have previously been seen with this amenity set, but at the 2.5* level; however, i'll agree with your speculation that either/both have been upgraded to the 3* level. As both hotels share the same amenities both are likely candidates for this offer, but i'd slightly favor this one being the Asylum St. location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If not, please note from our Support Page that we're an affiliate of the Holiday Inn Express as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking channels, please check for and use the links there for your hotel direct bookings.

Also, for when you need to be in a specific location, see our latest upgrade of our companion site, MAPS and HOTELS.com, which makes it every easy to see hotels near your desired location, as well as how much more/less it will cost to stay closer/further away or to go up/down in star rating.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again for your help. The group has decided to book the Hilton as it is directly linked to the Civic Center and only about $20 more/night for a sure thing. Your assistance in IDing the hotels helped us to explore our options and make a better decision, so thanks very much.

We'll be sure to use your links if we book online. Also, that MAPS and HOTELS.com website looks really cool! Thanks again.

Thank you for the follow-up and letting us know your decision for this stay.

Glad to hear that you've found the board to be helpful and like the MAPS and HOTELS.com website and other tools we've developed.

Thanks in advance for using the board's Hilton link in our Support Page.

Have a great trip and let us know should your plans change and we can be of any further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]