Hotwire Hotel: is this the W hotel?

Skipper2108
By Skipper2108,
in

Ok we are going back to the city and thinking of trying your BEEKMAN TOWER idea.

You were right about the Park Central. My inlaws were not happy even though they have the BIG corner room. The hotel has been run down in 3 years. Stained carpet and bad bathrooms ect.

So I will eat crow and say "were not worthy"

NOW I looked for Beekman towers on EasyClickTravel and cant find it.

We are looking for dates

JULY 26 to 28

FOR 3 People

1 king bedroom with a seperate room (sofa bed)

Can you find the $175 deal again?

Also are there any "SUITE HOTELS" on the upper east side?

thank you

You'll have to search for only 2 adults, as this property doesn't appear when searching for more than two people:

Beekman Tower ... $168/nite

Thank you, but got a question?

I went to your link and put in 2 people and got $168 but when I put in 3 people. It says Unavailable?

Does this mean the third person can't go? There is a seperate room with a sofa bed no?

We dont need there FREE Breakfast. It is not hot breakfast anyway.

I will call EasyClickTravel and ask tomorrow.

BTW $168 is a great price compared to the Hotels own website at $400 +

Just that 3rd person is a problem

Shouldn't be a problem, but EasyClickTravel will probably tell you that the hotel can only be booked for double occupancy... i don't know any users that have had a problem there.

If you do call and get the 'go ahead' (although i suspect they will tell you "no"), please use our link above to book as that is the only way the board gets credit.

The room configuration is such that i don't think it's a concern... just have one person go up to the desk to check-in to avoid any issues, but like i said, i know of nobody who has had any issues here.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

is this the W hotel on 541 lexton THANKS

HOTWIRE SAYS: for July 26,27

4* MTE (BEST VALUE) $162

Boutique Hotel

Hotel has a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. It may be a smaller, hip property tucked into an urban setting, or a renovated hotel with a historical flair -- but it's always a bit different and unusual.

Fitness Center

Exercise equipment is available for guest use. An additional fee may apply.

Spa Services

A spa facility or spa services are available for guests.

High-Speed Internet Access

High-speed Internet access is available in guest rooms (An extra charge usually applies).

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment/services.

As I explained before, I almost booked the EasyClickTravel till I saw the room was for 1 DOUBLE bed. that is way too small for me and my wife. Even a queen is small.

Plus we need the room for 3 people. Or we need something on priceline for 2 room under $135

So I did book as a back up Beakman Direct.

The $164 on Hotwire is Gone. No suprise ,but it might come back.

As I explained before....

Which is why we request that all posts for the same dates are kept in the same thread... i have now merged your previous thread with this one.

The W Hotel will only give you a room with one bed and there won't be enough room for a roll-a-way. From a recent post:

A word of caution if you are considering bidding on this hotel, especially if you will have more than one person in your party who don't want to share a queen sized bed: The rooms given to Hotwire guests are TINY! The request for 2 beds was declined; but not only that, the room was physically too small to accommodate a rollaway! There was only enough room between the bed and the wall on 3 of the 4 sides of the bed to accommodate one-way foot traffic - and then only if no one's suitcase was open. We had to decide on clockwise or counterclockwise movement around the bed in order to not be in each other's way. The hotel was gorgeous, and the amenities were as advertised, but unless you are prepared to share the bed or have one of you sleep on the floor - think twice.

Not all of the 1BR suites at the Beekman have a double bed... many of them have Queens. I have not yet heard of anyone getting one with a double bed, but of course you could be the first.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I stayed at the W in April and when we arrived, we requested a 2 bed and got it. We had to stay in a smoking room but could detect NO cigarette smell in the room, nor on the entire floor. We were VERY pleased with the room. Just an FYI. :-)

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since I posted sorry. Not sure where to put this HOTEL review. So please move it where you want too. :)

As you remember I needed a hotel for 3 people. You sugested the BEAKMAN TOWER. Well EasyClickTravel would not allow 3 people only 2. I called them. I might not of had problems as you said, but I wanted to be 100% sure. Anyway to make a long story short. We used Entertainment Book for 50% off.

Ok whoever told you the Beakman tower was redone. Is 100% wrong. The manager of the front dest said its been over 8 years since they did any work to the rooms and it looks it.

The first room we went too looked like a EasyClickTravel or Hotwire room is was VERY small and OLD looking. We were offered to Upgrade for like $75 per night.

We did, this room was bigger, but not much better in terms of being old. The Air Condition in the windows did not work well since they were OLD. So we were hot all the time. The fans we begged for seemed to help just alittle. The Refrigerator was broken and needed to be replaced. There was mold in bathroom and stains on the carpet in rooms and hallway. Overall we were not very happy at all. If you get this room for a PRICELINE rate of $50 to $70 like the Parkcentral used to be then ok. Not worth $150 imo. The parkCentral was nicer although not by much. The sofa bed was lumpy and OLD.

I am sorry I could not report any better on this. I just want to be honest with you and to make sure people know what they get. When I talked to people of this board I got the feeling that the BEAKMAN was like the Hilton but smaller and just as nice. That is Futher from the truth than you can Imagine.

If you try priceline and hotwire and can not get a GOOD rate and you need to go to NYC and have no other choice but to try PRICELine for a 2* or BEAKMAN TOWER then I say go for the BEAKMAN.

I could go on and on what we disliked ,but what's the point you get the idea from what I wrote.

Of course this is my Opinion and you might see it different.

Hope this helps,

Skipper

Sorry you didn't like the Beekman, but i don't think anyone said it was recently redone.

Thanks for finding my old post. been awhile.

Well I thought maybe you said that. Maybe not. Not looking for blame at all. Just wanted to share our experience and save someone else.

Just trying to be a member here and help if I can. I could of went on and on ,but I did not want people to think I had a vendetta against the hotel. I do not. The People were nice. Just nothing worked in the upgraded room. Maybe just a bad room?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]