Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Airport EWR) Four Points Sheraton

fly_up_front
By fly_up_front,
in

Needed to be in lower Manhattan each morning for a week (7 nights) and wanted a practical combination of price, accommodation, and accessibility. Backup was the Wall St. Club Quarters for $169 + (at least $200). Tried PL for all zones MTW and south up to $160 for a 4*, $110 for a 2.5*, Jersey City and Secaucus all quality levels up to $90 and then threw in the towel. This 3* hadn't been reported so rolled the dice.

3* for $51; Amenities= shuttle, restaurant, pool, fitness center.

Total was $410.95

This place has a fair number of bad reviews online so I was prepared for the worst but it's actually been nice. Free wireless access and both WSJ and USA Today each morning.

Transportation is as thereuare described elsewhere. Shuttle to airport, train to Newark Penn Station ($6.80), PATH to WTC ($1.50), 10 minute walk to the stock exchange. Can be done in an hour if eveything clicks; a late train made one trip back take 2 hours.

So total cost per day is $75.60 ($59 for room and $16.60 for RT commute). And 2 - 3 hours of commute ~ the price paid for saving $125/day.

It's worked for me since it's just me and I skip the sightseeing and come in for the 9 hour deal each day and leave but clearly it wouldn't work for most other situations or couples or families.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]