Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Streeterville) Doubletree Mag Mile

eddieras
By eddieras,
in

BINGO! went with original one - and you were correct it was the Doubletree! price even dropped - $79.09 with tax and fees-- thanks so much!

one quick question-- i always use the Hotwire list first but there were so many hotels with the same amenities and rating i had no way of knowing. my last post, with the 100% recommendation really was surprising for me - i haven't seen 100% before- but the list doesn't contain these ratings - or am i doing something wrong?

thanks again!

Congrats on your success. :)

HOTWIRE listings did (and may again at some point) show tripadvisor ratings. This made it somewhat more possible (although not always) to try and figure out which hotel was showing or at least narrow down possibilities, since one could check them against the tripadvisor website. With HOTWIRE, there is no list of the up-to-the-minute customer rating %'s to check against, and the ratings have been seen to switch from search-to-search; overall, they're generally not a reliable indicator. Some hotels do show with the same amenities, and in these cases, there's no way to narrow down and one has to be willing to accept any of the possibilities.

Very nice deal for the Doubletree, which is in an excellent location.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]