Priceline Hotel: Montreal, Canada Bidding Help

integlspwr
By integlspwr,
in

Its that time again guys. need help on bidding a hotel on Priceline. This time its not in Hawaii, Vegas or Seattle, its in Montreal Canada. The areas / zones I was looking for was:

Zone 1 (Convention Center - Old Montreal - Latin Quarter)

&

zone 3 (Downtown - City Center)

The dates i was looking at were

CHeck in June 7

Check out 11

I would prefer a really cheap 4* but will settle for a really cheap 3-3.5* also.

my current bids are up to.

4*

zone 1: $75

zone 3: $73

3.5*

zone 1: $70

zone 3: $71

I'm doing doing $1 increments since i have alot of time I can bid daily. But anyone know why it not getting accepted?

Also any bidding strategies for a 3* hotel in zone 1 or 3 ?

Thanks In Advance!

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Las Vegas thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay (as well as your Priceline Austin thread if you've done any bidding or made a decision for that stay)... then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Based upon current rates I don't think you're in the right ballpark for this stay as rates for 3* hotels mostly start about $300+ for these dates. I can't be certain as i don't know just how big of a draw it is, but the Montreal Grand Prix is taking place during these dates (June 8-10) and i suspect that is causing increased demand and the reason behind the very high rates.

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels? (try using MAPS and HOTELS.com which can show you the location, star rating, and price of hotels for your dates all in one map)

Based upon the above... current thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At this point in time do you want to bid for a lower rated hotel within the Downtown area, bid for a higher rated hotel outside of Downtown... or hope for lower prices in the weeks/months ahead (although based upon your comments it doesn't sound as if this is the most likely scenario)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]