Whats wrong with Taxes and Fees

hiktsoi
By hiktsoi,
in

Here is what the final price before i place the bid.

Full-Size Car

Pick Up/Drop Off: Mccarran Intl (LAS)

Las Vegas, NV

Pick Up Date & Time:Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 12:00 PM

Drop Off Date & Time:Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:00 PM

Driver's Name:XXXXXXXXXX Age: 25 and over

Child Seat(s): none selected

Summary of Charges

Your Offer Price:$10.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days:14

Subtotal:$140.00

Taxes and Fees: (details)$148.32

Total Charges:

prices are in US dollars$288.32

Can anyone tell me whats going on please?

Not sure, but I know LAS rentals have higher taxes and fees than "some" airport locations. I've been trying PL for a 1/1/12 to 1/4/12 dates, no luck yet.

My National Emerald Aisle rates show the following "taxes and fees" would be applicable to your rental dates (at $172/week on National):

Consolidated Facility Chg 3.75/day $52.50

Concession Recovery Fee 10 Pct $37.51

Clark County Tax 2 Pct $6.90

Vehicle License Fee 2.15/day $30.10

Sales Tax (8.10%) $27.95

Nv Gov Surchg (10.0%) $43.50

Looks like the taxes and fees you are seeing are pretty much in the ballpark for the fees at Mccarran Int'l, eh? Just the per day charges alone for your rental period are $82.60, plus the percentage taxes on your lower rental rate (plus booking fee). Amazing.

totally had no idea how does PL deal with their fees.

anyway, i probably go with Fox Rental, its the cheapest shown on PL:

Total Rental Days: 14

Weekly Rate: $179.90 (2 x $89.95)

Taxes and Fees: (details) $69.45

Total Amount Due at Pick-Up:

prices are in US dollars $249.35

Does anyone has idea of what kind of Full size car that I can get from Fox Rental?

Personally I prefer Japanese car if they have any of those

There is an abundance of taxes added on to almost all airport rentals, regardless of location.

When states/cities need extra money (as most do these dates) it's easy to get voters to agree to a car rental tax since it will almost never effect those who live in the area and the alternative is having their own (property) taxes increase. In addition to taxes, PRICELINE includes a per day booking fee in this figure.

I'm not sure what rates you're seeing from FOX Rent a Car but their rates are quoted on a weekly basis and before taxes... searching your dates without any coupons the least expensive rate i'm seeing is $212 all-in.

If you do decide to go with FOX Rent a Car please use the link in our Support Page to begin your purchase. If you choose to try PRICELINE / HOTWIRE let us know if we can be of further help and please use these links on the board.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this rental period or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]