Hotwire Hotel: 1* Seattle (Lynnwood - Edmonds) Travelodge Seattle North Edmonds

mmk1997
By mmk1997,
in

We wanted to head down to Seattle to shop before Christmas and the grandparents decided to take the kids for a sleepover so we decided to spend the weekend shopping at the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood and then the Seattle Premium Outlets from Dec 9th to Dec 11th 2011.

Started off by using the link to HOTWIRE and searched for Seattle and modified the search using the interactive map for areas north of the downtown core.

I was a little disappointed to read very little descriptions about this region to figure out the hotel, but I guess someone has to add to the topic.

I ended up just booking the hotel for $37.04 per night.

Amenities: Airport Shuttle, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center and High Speed Internet

1 Star Hotel

Hotel is the Travelodge Seattle North Edmonds.

After I found out the name of the hotel, I checked out their own website and Hotwire beat the price by $20 night. Also checked the reviews on Trip Advisor and the reviews sounded decent, but I guess we'll have to decide when we get there.

I'll post more after the weekend when we get home.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you gave it a shot and that the reviews are good and you're looking forward to trying it out.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your results, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just a follow up to the Hotel from this past weekend.

We had no problems following the directions to the hotel and it was only about 5 miles from the Alderwood mall. Checked in and inquired about places to eat and the clerk had a hard time recommending a burger place to eat around the hotel. I started asking for certain places like 5 guys and he did find the location for us on the internet and printed off the directions. He did recommend Dick's and we did try that out on Saturday night and it was good.

Put the bags into the room and found the room okay. It was CLEAN and so was the bathroom. The TV was on the smaller size, but at least they had a cable box with some decent channels.

There was a queen size bed and it was bouncier than we were used to.

What is with all the hotels and where they place their shower head? I am 6 foot 1 and every time I visit a hotel I have to bend my back to get my head under the shower head. Can hotels not place the head higher? The shower/tub unit had a slow drain so it was like showering in ankle deep water. Not really an issue, but should be noticed.

We were really surprised that it was only a 1 star hotel.

We were happy with breakfast. Juice (apple, orange, cranberry) and water dispenser. Bagels with butter or jam. Hard Boiled eggs. Bread with a toaster. Also had a duel waffle iron that when followed directions that were posted made a great filling meal.

Were only 5 miles from the Alderwood mall, Northgate Mall was also just down the I5 and 20 minutes south on Hwy 99 was the downtown core of Seattle. When leaving on Sunday, the Seattle Premium Outlets were only 20 minutes north.

Would we be back - Yes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]