Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Ft. Lee - Hackensack) Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights

Grkbella03
By Grkbella03,
in

Please help me identify this hotel... Check in is Dec 13th and check out is Dec 20th. The hotel goes for 72 dollars a night.

The amenities are:

Smoke Free Rooms

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

I'm assuming this is Hyatt Place in Paramus, but it does say Fort Lee-Hackensack area which isn't that near Paramus. Thanks for any help!

This is a bummer - I can't go on these dates and I have to go in January instead. Not sure exact dates & won't know till last minute but it should be in the first 2 or 3 weeks. Was wondering if you guys can help me out? I don't see Hyatt Place available for any of these dates which bums me out. Does anyone know if Hyatt Place is on price line in January at all? Or at least great deals in NYC with similar prices? I've search multiple dates in all of January, and all I get is this 3 star hotel between prices of 80-84 dollars with every single search I do (Examples: 01/03-01/09=$81 a night // 01/09-01/16=$84 a night // 01/16-01/23=$84 a night // 01/23-01/30=$83 a night), same amenities in Fort Lee-Hackensack area. The amenities are:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

This amenity set has been seen with the Holiday Inn Saddle Brook. However, keep in mind that inventory can change at any time for each set of dates. Please post again in this thread when your dates are confirm we would be happy to look at those dates to try and confirm/ID.

There is no way to know/increase the odds of getting a particular property when bidding on PRICELINE.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

This is a bummer - I can't go on these dates and I have to go in January instead. Not sure exact dates & won't know till last minute but it should be in the first 2 or 3 weeks. Was wondering if you guys can help me out?

We will be happy to help when your plans are firm. What is available now may not be when you make a non refundable purchase.

Okay I got my dates. It seems I need to be there the days of January 2nd & 3rd. Since I am driving from Chicago, I am debating on just arriving few days before New Years - I'm playing around with dates, Basically I can check in December 29th or 30th & Check out January 8th or 9th. I checked those dates again on Hotwire & it still shows the same amenities & prices & stars of the hotel as I posted before in this thread. Still would like a better hotel than that though, so anyone have any suggestions? Maybe price line? I also have AAA membership so I could get the room for 1,100 at Park Hyatt but it'd be nice to save a bit more money that that. Thanks for any suggestions!

With PRICELINE, you have to be willing to accept any of the possibilities given the star rating and zone/s you choose. With HOTWIRE, you could attempt to search for 2 adults/2 children to see if a different listing may potentially appear in the same spot or possibly split your stay to see if a hotel is available for one part of your date/s and not the other. Travelocity's "Top Secret" section would be another option, but few "Top Secret" hotels have been reported to the board. ORBITZ5 works for 5% off on Orbitz.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Travelocity or Orbitz links to start your purchases and searches.

I checked those dates again on Hotwire...

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Please click each of the links above, then reply to this thread indicating if you're looking to stay in NJ or NYC for this trip, as well as your target budget per nite before taxes and fees.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just for the heck of it, I entered "Tenafly" into the search bar on PRICELINE, and there is actually a Tenafly bidding zone that is paired with a Palisades zone. If you are willing to roll the dice a bit, I believe, although I'm not 100% certain, that the Clinton Inn could be the only 3* in this bidding zone.

Wow. Not even close. I got Holiday Inn in Meadowlands/Carlstadt. Wierdest thing. I was pretty mad too. Plus it's literally 5 miles outside of the green shaded area shown on Hotwire map which is like 20 miles away from Fort Lee so I called them and explained them that. Got my refund thankfully. Don't think I'm taking chances with hotwire right now.

This property was likely coded into the wrong zone by HOTWIRE... but was this actually the Holiday Inn Express as that's the only one in Carlstadt that i'm familiar with. What were the amenities shown before your purchase, as this property wouldn't likely show the Restaurant amenity but would show the Breakfast amenity. (the amenities listed may still be available using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of HOTWIRE's home page)

Glad to see HOTWIRE easily resolved the situation with a refund.

If you'd like help with another offer, or with bidding help on PRICELINE, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The crazy part is the amenities & details are exactly the same as what we thought to be crowne plaza which is: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access - double checked in a email confirmation I got from when I booked it. Won't show on my account since it's cancelled. There's still a listing for 82 dollars a night with all the same amenities & zone...should I try again? What do you think? Do you think the Holiday Inn Express was a mistake by Hotwire or could it actually happen again?

I think it's the same error and would likely happen again... it often takes a little while for HOTWIRE to update their system to correct mistakes such as this (the phone reps can verify the error and get authorization to make the refund when they are at fault, but backend system changes need to go thru a 'process')

Are you able to get a different listing to appear if changing the search to 2adults/1child or 3adults?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I think it's the same error and would likely happen again... it often takes a little while for HOTWIRE to update their system to correct mistakes such as this (the phone reps can verify the error and get authorization to make the refund when they are at fault, but backend system changes need to go thru a 'process')

Are you able to get a different listing to appear if changing the search to 2adults/1child or 3adults?

I had originally been searching for 2 adults the whole time. The only changes I've noticed is that for January 1st to January 8th, it's 85 dollars a night with same zone and amenities, but for January 1st to January 9th, it's 82 dollars with same amenities and zone. I wonder if it's two different hotels? I noticed on Booking.com, that the crowne plaza in Englewood, NJ would show up for 7 nights but anything longer than 7 nights, the listing would be gone. Seems they don't like booking longer than 7 days with the special rate? Not sure if that applies to hotwire?

I had originally been searching for 2 adults the whole time. The only changes I've noticed is that for January 1st to January 8th, it's 85 dollars a night with same zone and amenities, but for January 1st to January 9th, it's 82 dollars with same amenities and zone. I wonder if it's two different hotels? I noticed on Booking.com, that the crowne plaza in Englewood, NJ would show up for 7 nights but anything longer than 7 nights, the listing would be gone. Seems they don't like booking longer than 7 days with the special rate? Not sure if that applies to hotwire?

One more thing - they are different hotels because I just noticed the $82 dollar one says it's still gathering reviews for the property but the 85 dollar one has 65% of the customer reviews. I just realized Crowne is 3 1/2 stars...so I'm assuming Holiday Inn Saddlebrook because reviews on trip advisor really matches the reviews on Hotwire. And the 82 dollar one is probably the Holiday Inn Carlstadt. Definitely not staying in any Holiday Inns in New Jersey - they are horrible from past experiences. Too bad because I also had 150 Hotdollars as well - oh well, I'll save it for my next trip!

As the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights is within the shaded boundaries of the zone, i'm surprised that HOTWIRE refunded you so readily (unless they took your word for it that it was the other location). Regardless, glad you got it settled and are pleased with your ultimately decision for this stay.

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we're an affiliate of the Crowne Plaza as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking channels... please check for and use the links there whenever possible.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]