We got Priceline MAPS!!!

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago Maps are now up and running... still some minor issues with 'recent wins' but we'll fix those in the upcomming weeks when time permits (i'm a little burnt out right now).

Thank you to board member Latitudes who compiled the Chicago data and made this map possible.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I like the big shadow on the pop-up box (which has the links to the hotel website and such).

That is actually what I meant. My English is going down the drain.... . Anyway, way cool! If things cool down a little with the maps you will have to tell me how you actually did this.

WoW! great idea and first class execution!

Nice if you could include posting date as well as stay dates. I have a suspicion that different hotels release rooms at different "lead times" and this would give a good hint about whether waiting might get access to better pricing.

keep up the really innovative thinking !

DELIGHTED

Theruare

I think that delighted was looking for an indication of how soon before the date the reservation was made rather than what was the newest posts. I know that the information is in the posts but it would be good to have this info at a glance.

I wondered what you think of the following - for the hotels that are also Hotwire hotels there could be some indication of this so that this may assist people who like to eliminate a bit of the risk albeit mostly for a premium.

I just now noticed the satellite option in the new maps feature. Wow!

Many airlines show an animated flight map on the little TV screens, so bored passengers can see where they are. Wouldn't it be way cool if instead of that map, the airlines would fit a closed-circuit camera on the underside so that we could see the actual ground below on the screen? For the benefit of those who don't have a window seat. Think how much more interesting that could make a flight.

Cruise ships have closed-circuit cameras and you can see the outside view from your cabin.

Wouldn't it be way cool if instead of that map, the airlines would fit a closed-circuit camera on the underside so that we could see the actual ground below on the screen?

SAS actually have that on their A340s. And you can always see it on your PTV. Very nice during take off and landing.

This map feature is incredible Thereuare! :) I finally got some time to play with it and am amazed at the satelite images. I'd be willing to lend a hand if needed (I'm usually using the AZ section for Tucson but anywhere that needs it, let me know). I just sent a donation as well. Thanks for all the time and effort.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pleased to announce that, thanks to both blindman and lwitchel...

London Hotel Maps are now up and running!

Any questions or problems with these new maps (or previously released maps) please let us know.

Enjoy! :)

(and a friendly reminder that to add more cities we need more users willing to help gather data... no computer skills (other than copy/paste) are required)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]