Hotwire Hotel: 4* St. Petersburg - Clearwater (St. Pete Beach) Tradewinds Island Grand

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

Resort - has 2 swimming pools, a kids program included in price of room open from 9-3pm, large slide, mini golf, one set of cabanna chairs on beach included with resort charge, many other activities

Beachfront Property

while on the beach the hotwire rooms are typically not facing the water

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access - network TW password guest5500

Tennis Nearby

change to 4 star not 5 star....thanks!

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

The rooom includes a small refrigerator and microwave along with a sink hotwire beds are typically full size beds we got upgraded to a ocean view room with queen beds so dont let them make u think they only have full size beds. (problem in below post)

we checked in last night around midnight, i didnt do my usual rigorous check of the beds for the FIRST time ever as i am traveling with hubby and he is exhausted. well he went right to bed cuz the 2 hr drive exhausted him and the kids went shortly after him. I stayed up and took a long bath prior to going to bed. After seeing everyone looking so comfy i finally pulled the sheets back and crawled in with the lights off not a minute later my hubby awakes and smacks the bed hard to kill a bug that he felt by him. i turned on the lights and adjusted my daughters pillows on the other bed then pulled the covers off my son and saw a tiny red bug, hubby picked it up and blood gushed on his finger. he caught the second bug in a glass and then we checked our daughter and he kiled a bedbug on her shirt. also another one by the pillows we just moved. I said thats it we are outta here.we got upgraded to an ocean view with queen beds and we all showered then were afraid to go back to bed. and i got no sleep thinking we could have transferred them to this room. The guys checked the old room this morning and comfirmed BEDBUGGS. INFESTED BADLY..gross.the new room is fine though and now they are washing all our laundry bags and suitcases. grr. I am dreading any repercussions from being in that room. Hubby is glad he was the one who found them cuz if I did he wouldnt have believed me. but it is gross.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]