MA Milford Tage Inn (soon to be La Quinta)

flyme2
By flyme2,
in

My first ever stay at a Tage Inn only to discover that 3 of the 4 properties comprising this New England micro chain have been sold to La Quinta. Hopefully, the properties won't experience a deterioration in standards, as I was quite pleased with my stay here. This is a small five story property with only 89 rooms, half as many as its sibling in Andover. There's abundant free parking (you are asked to provide license plate details) and the property is nicely landscaped with mature trees in a rear lot that shield it from I-495 nearby. There's a little strip mall across the street with its main draw being a Big K (Mart) and a Dollar Tree. A BK and a McD are also close by, so there's little chance you'll ever go hungry.

Check in was a breeze, the only mention of Priceline was when I was asked if I wanted to leave a deposit or have an imprint of a CC done to activate the telephone. The check in clerk couldn't have been friendlier. When we were unhappy with the only non smoking King room available at the time of our arrival, she cheerfully called housekeeping to see if something more to our liking was available. Within no time we were placed in a much larger room. The young lady was also a fountain of information regarding local shopping venues replete with detailed directions. Needless to say, my wife was very happy to put this information to good use.

Our room was spotless. Furnishings were of good quality and undamaged. No stains on carpet, drapes or wall coverings. There was ample work space, but the only outlet available for my laptop was behind the desk via an electrical outlet already overloaded with adapters and piggyback plugs. A lamp mounted plug would have been much appreciated. Local and 1-800 calls were free. Wired high speed internet was available at no charge, and cables could be borrowed at the front desk. Free wireless service was available in the lobby area, and there was a lounge off to one side that could be comfortably used.

The bathroom was immaculately clean, with the tub and toilet separate from the vanity sink/make-up area open to the rest of the room. Water pressure was great, no visible signs of mold or mildew anywhere. An iron and ironing board were stashed in the open closet.

Free continental breakfast was served between 6:00 and 10:00 and consisted of the usual cold fare; pastries, bagels, fruit, yogourt, cereal, juice and coffee. A waffle maker with all the fixings proved quite popular, as did the Vermont Green Mountain coffee. BTW, coffee is available all day long, and freshly baked cookies make an appearance in the evening.

All in all, an unobtrusive little gem, esp. in light of the advertised $67 rate, or even cheaper PL wins. If Boston is your destination, and you don't mind the 35 miles to get there to save some serious cash, this may be a viable choice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]