Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Chelsea) Hilton New York Fashion District

rumpak
By rumpak,
in

Hello... could someone please help me on identifying the property as describe below?

Dates of stay: Fri, 11/25 to Tue, 11/29, 2011

Room Rate: $214/night (price drop from $349/night according to Hotwire)

Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center and High-Speed Internet Access

Hotel is located 0.2 - 1.0 from city center and is recommended in 80% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Many Thanks!

Keeping my focus on Times Square/Theatre District and Midtown West areas, but got frustrated bidding all the way up to $200/night and never win. Adding other areas excluding Downtown/SoHo/Financial District and Empire State Building Area and "surprisingly" won this property.

Thought that a good deal, NOT! Found out that the property is actually on sale at $186/night on a lot of travel websites (ironically... including Priceline!!!) Tried to find out what would be the final cost after all the tax and fee... I was shocked that Priceline actually waived all the extras which made the net total to $746

That is just $25 different than the total I paid on my bid!!! Granted... the figure $149/night may sounded so low; BUT... add the tax and fee and I ended up paying a total of $721.16!!! WOW... just 3% of savings, people! So much for bragging the "up to 60% saving!" Now... I have to suffer wandering what type of room Hilton would provide me while I could actually paid the same amount and got a guaranteed King Bed Room on High Floor with New York City View. Sadness....

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in the deal you received.

Was $149 the first bid you made which included the Chelsea zone, for if so, you never gave yourself a chance to win at lower prices.

Feel free to ask for help and/or confirm your bidding strategy with the board before any future opaque purchases.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Was $149 the first bid you made which included the Chelsea zone, for if so, you never gave yourself a chance to win at lower prices.

I started fresh with Chelsea at $120... failed

add Upper East Side at $130... failed

add Queensborough Bridge at $140... failed

add MSG - Convention Area at $145... failed

add Long Island City at $149... won Hilton New York Fashion District property at Chelsea

Feeling a bit better today after contacting the hotel Guest Service Manager and share my devastating experience with Priceline. She said she understood my devastation and would courteously gave me a King Bed High Floor overlooking the city to make me feel better. At least I know the hotel offered a good customer service and just found out that it's a brand new property opened on April 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure you'll like this hotel.

Just got back! You're right; me and my wife love the hotel. We love everything about it!

One thing that we wonder after this NY trip... and I guess this question will be directed to administrators or members who are familiar with NYC hotels. Are those NYC fancy hotels (such as The Plaza, Mandarin Oriental, Pierre, etc.) ever put for bid on Priceline or listed on Hotwire their rooms?

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]