MA Salem-Andover Salem NH Tage Inn (to be La Quinta)

flyme2
By flyme2,
in

I found this property most deserving of its 2.5*. The lobby is a two story atrium with stone and wood accents, nicely furnished with a number of comfortable sitting areas. The property is very nicely landscaped and is actually comprised of two separate wings joined by an attractive indoor pool. A barbeque and picnic tables outside could prove quite useful during sizzle season. There's plenty of free parking, and a large Italian restaurant, the Chateau shares the back lot. Location is handy, right off the I-93 and about 30 minutes north of Boston, traffic conditions permitting.

Staff was very cordial, no mention of Priceline, and I was given my choice of any available room configuration. The 2 queen non-smoking unit I chose was a fair size and immaculately clean. No stains on the carpet, drapes or wall coverings. Furnishings were good quality, while the bathroom was spotless, if a bit dated. There was free wired high speed internet in the room with cables available at the front desk. The lobby area, however, has free wireless service. A work desk in the room had a lamp with an easily accessible power receptacle, perfect for plugging in your laptop. Lighting was adequate, there were no dark zones. A 20" televison, rather small by today's standards, offered ample programming selection. Heating and cooling was accomplished by a rather noisy wall-mounted unit typical of most pre-fab constructed hotels. An iron and ironing board were stashed in the open closet area.

A free continental breakfast was offered between 6:00 and 9:00 and consisted of the typical cold fare; cereals, fruit, breads, muffins, bagels, danish, yogourt and hard boiled eggs. There was a waffle maker with all the necessary fixings, and a microwave, handy for preparing oatmeal from available packets.

I would not hesitate to recommend this property, esp. at Priceline rates. This hotel, along with 3 other Tage Inns in MA, has been sold to the La Quinta chain, their first foray into MA. Renovations are scheduled to begin shortly, so be aware of any possible disruptions this summer (2005) that may affect your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]