Hotwire Hotel: Need help for Miami area for April 26-28

canuckabroad
By canuckabroad,
in

Hi, we are travelling as a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) and will be spending 2 nights pre-cruise in Miami April 26-28. I'm a little weary of priceline as there is no place to enter 4 people in a room. I just tried looking at hotwire and am at a bit of a loss, some really expensive and cheaper ones are 1 star or unknown. We are looking at Miami Beach, South Beach, possibly downtown. We won't have a car so don't want to be in the middle of nowhere, want a pool, free breakfast would be a nice perk. What howtire areas should I be looking in, what hotels should I try to get, and when is the best time to book. Thanks

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Las Vegas thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip... then click this HOTWIRE link and reply to this thread, we'll then have a look at and comment on your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children what i'm guessing to be the Holiday Inn Port of Miami is offered for $128/nite, if this is of any interest to you. However, you can book the same from the Holiday Inn website for $148/nite (non-refundable) or $184/nite if you want to use it as a refundable back-up.

Alternately the Doubletree is available for $154/nite (non-refundable) or $189/nite (refundable)

Lastly, if you wait about a week we'll have a really cool new tool for those looking for prcecruise hotels. ;)

Thoughts on the above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links in our Support Page if you book the Holiday Inn or Doubletree as a back-up)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. Great news on the upcoming tool for precruise hotels. I can wait a bit to see if more options become available, we only booked airfare on Friday. But if I book a backup hotel I'll have to go with a refundable options, which is quite the jump. How far in advance do you find you are getting the best deals. There are some nice places 4 Points etc that people have had good deals on but they are kindof pricy at the moment. Same goes for the Intercontinental (which I guess is close to Holiday Inn above, but not exactly on the beach), only deal I can get to come up is Government. We often book government rate without issue, just a little weary of what qualifies for them.

There is no easy, or definitive, answer to the "when to bid to get the best deal" question... every situation is different. Sometimes the best rates are made months in advance.. sometimes at the last minute. You can see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for a further discission on this subject.

However, to apply to your specific situation, i would compare the current non-refundable rate to the best rate you can get elsewhere... at the moment the HOTWIRE deal only offers about a $20 savings vs. a conventionally booked room, and that wouldn't be enough for me to act 5+ months before your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

There are a couple of places coming up now. The highest rated without being overly $$ is Miami Beach area hotel 3*, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, High Speed Internet Access about $143 a night.

If I go for lower:

2.5* Miami Beach hotel, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Hi Speed Internet, Pool, Laundry (self service) for $134 per night and a

2.5* Miami Beach Condo, Beachfront, Studio, Smoke Free, Pool, Air Conditioning, Front Desk, Laundry, Spa, Kitchenette, Fitness Center $127

Any thoughts on these?

Thanks

My own poking on this board and trip advisor has also left me stumped. Seems there are a lot of people that come up with these or others in Miami beach and South Beach, but like me don't want to commit without some idea of the hotel. Is Priceline any better for this area, I'm a little weary that I cannot specify that there will be 2 kids with us on there though. I don't want to end up with a hotel we don't fit in.

See our latest site: Pre Cruise Hotels.com

Enter your dates and select a pier and it becomes very easy see on the map not only the location of the hotels, but all in one view the price and star rating too! It's simple to see your options in terms of what is available closest to the pier and how much you may save by lowering your star rating, staying a little further away the pier, etc.

The list on the left of the page can be sorted by Name, Star Rating, Price, and Distance from the pier. (everything sorts ascending order, but click again and it sorts in the reverse order) As well, click a minimum star rating to clear lower rated hotels from the map if you're only interested in the higher rated properties, and use the slider function to lower the maximum hotel price so you only see hotels that are within your budget (or slightly over if you want to see what is available if you're willing to spend just a bit more)

Click on a hotel name in the list on the left side of the page and the map will center on that property. Click the 'More Info' link next to the hotel name to see more information about the hotel.

As well, click a marker on the map to see more hotel information, links to purchase, as well as get driving directions to the pier and parking information.

Any questions or comments feel free to ask.

• 5 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]