Hotwire Hotel: Help with the Westin Providence

kzybulew
By kzybulew,
in

Hi, This is my first post.

On the pinned list the Westin Providence is listed as the only 4* hotel in the downtown Providence zone.

It is important to me to be at the Westin and I thought it would be less complicated than this based on the history of the Westin "being the only 4* in Providence." I'd prefer to use hotwire because I have the Entertainment Book rebate coupon, if priceline is more likely to award the Westin Providence as a 4*, I'll do priceline instead. Ultimately, I may end up booking directly with the hotel as I know this is the only way to guarantee the property I want.

When I query hotwire for the dates of July 1 - July 4 the 4* hotel is $135 for my dates and lists the following as Selected amenities: Suite, Boutique Hotel, Airport Shuttle, Restaurant(s), Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Golf

This amenity list has me worried: suite? boutique hotel? doesn't sound like the Westin.

The 3 1/2 * is $101 for my dates and lists the following as Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Business Center.

This amenity list is more like it; however when I searched the packages I see The Providence Biltmore Hotel as a 3 1/2 star with restaurants, business center and golf nearby as amenities.

Thanks for your assistance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

On the pinned list the Westin Providence is listed as the only 4* hotel in the downtown Providence zone.

See the comments at the top of the PRICELINE HOTEL LIST.

The Westin is listed in the HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST and those are the amenties and star rating i would look for on your Hotwire search... still no guarantees of the Westin though since the star rating could have changed since last seen and/or some amenties may have been added/removed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the information. Since we really want the Westin we've decided to book directly through the Starwood website. I'm curious to see if the Westin Providence is still available as a 4* on Priceline but not curious enough to risk $90 or $100 +. There is a promotion on the Starwood website buy two nights get one free; the rate averages to be about $133 (not including taxes) about equal to the rate showing for a 4* on hotwire, so that's what I think we're going to do.

Sorry, I won't be able to add updated hotwire or priceline info.

thanks,

kzybulew

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]