Priceline Hotel: DTW 11/18

mikeyjc
By mikeyjc,
in

I noticed something new today on Priceline - haven't visited this Forum for a while, so I don't know if anyone else has reported it ...

I placed a bid on a hotel today for $37. Priceline came back with the same old counter-offer screen that I've seen so many times before, and said that if I wanted to increase my bid to $45, they'd give me the room. No worries ... yet. But, I did notice that Priceline pre-filled the $45 bid in the name your own price field on the screen.

I've rarely accepted Priceline's counter-offers; and, when given an opportunity like this in the past, I've tried to re-bid somewhere toward the lower part of the middle of the range between my original bid and their counter-offer.

So, today, when I tried to change their $45 pre-filled price to $38, I for the first time got an error message that said something like "You must bid at least $45 for this room."

Has anyone else experienced this situation?

PRICELINE is always trying (and testing) new formats and i'm sure this is just one of them.

If you want to bid lower than the counter-offer, simply close the current browser, use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and place a 'new' bid using a re-bid zone. Duplicate bid rules will still apply (so you'll need to use a re-bid zone) but this will enable you to place a bid higher than your previous bid but lower than the 'mandated' counteroffer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help with this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, your plan came to mind after my temporary brain cramp passed LOL ... sorry.

FYI, I started @ $37 again last PM, got the same $45 counter, then closed out and added Southgate with a $38 bid ... and got the same counter of $45 again. Declined for now, especially since my spouse has advised that she'd prefer that I bid on a 3.5*, which she hopes will put us @ the Embassy Suites (I know, we could "win" the Marriott instead).

Will keep you posted. Thanks again for your patience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]