Priceline Hotel: 3* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Residence Inn North Shore

qwertyem
By qwertyem,
in

I used the PRICELINE link to bid on a 3 star hotel. I originally wanted Greentree, hoping to get the Radisson there. I had bid $55 and was rejected, then I added downtown and bid $62 and was rejected. I then added North - Allegheny Valley thinking there were no 3 stars there and hoping to get another free bid to get Radisson in Greentree. The price line bidding site itself only shows 2.5 stars as an option to bid in this area, but somehow when I bid $67, I won the Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore.

This is a very new hotel, not sure if someone would get it if they just bid on 2.5 stars in the North. I did not lower my star preference, so I assume it's a 3 star and maybe they haven't updated the site to allow for bidding on 3 stars in the North Shore area. Looks pretty nice, though I did see on the website that it charges $18 for parking ...ouch!! ( Might have something to do with being across the street from PNC park.) On the plus side, it looks like even the smallest rooms are mini suites and it comes with free breakfast, so all in all probably a good deal.

That seems like a really good win to me, $67 for that fairly new Residence Inn on the North Shore. I wanted to explain this should have nothing to do with the North-Allegheny Valley zone. You're quite correct that there's only 2.5 stars in that zone, still shows it now when I looked. The Residence Inn you won is in the Downtown zone; that is why you won it and why it is 3*. Presumably you didn't expect to win in Downtown with a price that low? Not sure. If you wanted to keep focusing on Green Tree 3* then it would have been better to add North-Allegheny Valley, then South Side, then West Mifflin as all those zones only have 2.5* or lower bidding. I'm guessing you just overlooked that fact that this hotel is in the Downtown zone as opposed to North.

Can you confirm the zone for this, and if it's Downtown, perhaps the mods can correct this in the thread title? Based on the Priceline zone maps for Pittsburgh this is definitely in the Downtown zone; the North zone doesn't come this close to downtown.

Congrats on your success. :)

Excellent deal for this Residence Inn property! Sorry to hear about the parking, but free breakfast is a nice bonus and this is an all-suite property.

Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Based upon the zones you selected, I agree that this is most likely the Residence Inn Downtown, as i don't see any residence inn properties in the North-Allegheny Valley zone, and have edited the topic title accordingly. I think the confusion is that the official name of this hotel is "Residence Inn North Shore" so you may have thought it was in the North-Allegheny Valley zone which you had recently selected.

Can you please confirm the address of this hotel so we can make sure we now have it correct.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Just getting back to the replies here....thanks for clarifying why I got that bid. That makes sense now that the bid came through for the downtown area...you're correct in that I thought

I would never get a downtown hotel that cheap...and that I thought it was won in the North district because of the hotel name "Residence Inn North Shore." Thanks to the mod that corrected the title to downtown area so the post is correct to help others out there.

It looks like you already posted it in the downtown area of the hotel lists, but just to confirm for anyone else the address is Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore

574 West General Robinson Street · Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212 USA.

Incidently, it was a fabulous hotel, we were very happy with the stay and would definitely be happy to win bids there again. It had an indoor pool (very small lap pool, but good enough for the kiddies to splash in and made them happy) and a really great breakfast included. The mini suite was done really nicely...king bed, granite countertop, pullout sofa for the kiddies. Alll in all it was a really great win!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]