Hotwire Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Westin Diplomat

1sheeba1
By 1sheeba1,
in

Hi, I am new here and need a bit of help.

So I went on Hotwire and I got a hotel in Hollywood Beach, FL, here are teh specs:

4 star

$118

Resort

Near Beach

Fitness Centre

Pools

Restaurants

Business Centre

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Spa

I see that its probably one of these two hotels:

Westin Diplomat

Crowne Plaza

Can it only be these two?

Is there a hint to which one it may be? One looks right on the beach and the other not.

Thanks for helping a newbie!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this HOTWIRE link... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

You've listed Fitness twice... did you simply include this a second by accident or should the second occurrence be a different amenity icon?

Please double check and confirm the correct list of amenities.

Are you willing to pay $146/nite for a hotel for this stay? What is your budget per nite for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry I keyed in Fitness twice, it should just be there once. Its now at $142, this morning it said Recommended in 95% of Hotwire customer reviews and now it doesnt say it, does that change usually? If its the Westin I would pay that $$ but not if its the Crowne Plaza that's why I wanted to know if there is a hint to which hotel it is.

Any help from anyone? TIA

Amenity sets can/do change since last reported to the board, but the Westin Diplomat has previously been seen with these amenities so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I have been reading the board and seeing what other people have been getting in Hollywood Beach 4* and it seems everyone is getting a good price.

So I bid $80 a few days ago and got rejected

Today I bid $90 and got rejected

I am not that familiar with the re-bid zones, yes I did read up on it here but not confident to add a zone seeing how I only want Hollywood Beach.

Does anyone have any advice on when and how I should bid next?

Thanks!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread, if you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Before bidding again i would see if you can get a handle and be comfortable with re-bidding by giving this a try:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter 'Fort Lauderdale' and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Sorry for posting in both the Hotwire and Priceline section, newbie here but I now know.

Okay thank you for the help and I did what you said and yes I see the different star ratings in the different zones.

So if I really want a 4* in Hollywood Beach, I can safely try adding the zone of Pompano Beach since they have no 4 stars, correct?

Now what is my best way to bid again? Do I just start with the Hollywood Beach zone with a higher amount and then if it gets rejected do I add the Pompano Beach and bid the same or higher? Also I am pretty sure when I got rejected last time and it said to try again I did not see Pompano Beach listed. Do I need to restart from the beginning again?

Sorry about all the questions, I don't know if I am better off with Hotwire at the $145 for what I believe is the Westin Diplomat. Starting to get confused!

So if I really want a 4* in Hollywood Beach, I can safely try adding the zone of Pompano Beach since they have no 4 stars, correct?

Yes, this is correct, but you actually have FIVE re-bid zones when bidding 4* in this area and your bidding strategy should include them all... are you able to identify the others using the same method as above?

Now what is my best way to bid again? Also I am pretty sure when I got rejected last time and it said to try again I did not see Pompano Beach listed.

Let's confirm all five re-bid zones, then let us know your maximum bid for this stay and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow. I'm sure Pompano Beach was in the list when it was suggested by PRICELINE you add a zone in the list if you wanted to try again.
I don't know if I am better off with Hotwire at the $145 for what I believe is the Westin Diplomat.
It comes down to what is most important to you.. the lowest price or having a guess as to the property you may receive before your purchase. If you bid on PRICELINE and were to win a different hotel, how much lower than $145 would it need to be to have made it worthwhile? Would you need to save $50 to make receiving a different 4* hotel be worthwhile... if so, then your maximum bid should be $95; would you only require $25/nite savings to make receiving a different hotel worthile... then you could set your maximum bid at $120/nite, etc, etc... or perhaps you really only want to target the Westin and since you believe that is the hotel offered on HOTWIRE, simply move forward with that purchase.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there... if PRICELINE, let us know regarding your re-bid zones.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]