Priceline Hotel: Help! Totally striking out. Need a room in Manhattan, 11/9-11/11

Tattersall
By Tattersall,
in

For the past few days I've been bidding and bidding (using all of NYC's rebid zones) for a 4* in ESB, MTE, MTW, Chelsea, Times Sq, to no avail. I have bid up to $295 and still nothing. Does anyone think rates might drop if I just wait? There were 4* rooms on Hotwire a few days ago, but I lost my Internet connection while searching and now they're gone.

Any ideas? Unfortunately these dates are not flexible. I'm hoping to stay near Chelsea, but most Manhattan areas would be OK except Financial District.

Thanks in advance for help. I am, as always, using your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start my seaches.

Unfortunately, nobody can say if rates will come down... or move even higher... between now and your stay.

HOTWIRE does have a 4* hotel in the MTC zone for $323/nite, just a bit more than you have already bid... as well as a 3.5* for $285/nite if your firm on your budget (but not so firm on the 4* rating)

Although only a 2 nite stay, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? HOTWIRE (and likely PRICELINE) have 4* hotels for the second nite of your stay in the low/mid-$200's. If you could win the last nite of your stay for ~$250 or less, you could then try extending your stay for the first nite, and anything under $350 would be equivalent to about what you have already bid for both nites together. HOWEVER, there is always a chance (and a fairly sizable one i would guess given your current rejections) that the hotel you win for the 2nd nite won't be available for the first nite (or be prohibitively expensive), which would then leave you to bid on PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE) for the first nite, and likely need to change hotels.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for the excellent strategies. As it turns out, my husband (on whose behalf I was bidding) mentioned the high prices to the company that will be footing the bill for his travel, and they made alternative hotel reservations -- so I'm afraid I have no final Priceline bid to report.

Thanks, as always!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]