PPPP
By PPPP,
in

For area, I would say in this order:

Waikiki Beach Area <--- strong preference

Waikiki Marina Area

Waikiki City Central

I would say a minimum of 3 stars?

Edit: It looks like there won't be a problem if I was going for Waikiki Marina but seems like Waikiki Beach is more expensive? Can I get it for $100?

Edit: It looks like there won't be a problem if I was going for Waikiki Marina but seems like Waikiki Beach is more expensive?

Sorry, i'm not following your question... do you mean that it looks like the Marina area is acceptable to you and you'd prefer that over the Waikiki Beach zone if it's less expensive?

Please clarify and we'll be able to comment further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for clarifying.

How high do you want to bid for the Waikiki Beach zone before considering the Marina zone?

Also, i think your may be enough for a 4* hotel in the Marina zone... would you be willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level yo you have ONE re-bid zones. At the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones. (NOTE: Ko Olina is NOT a re-bid zone at either level, even though this zone doesn't offer 3* or 4* hotels, it does offer Resort class properties, and your lower star rated bid could be ugpraded to a Resort class property)

Given time on your side i would bid as follows:

Select 3* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

If the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Waikiki Marina...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Waikiki Marina and Waikiki Beach...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how it goes.

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Given your maximum bid, if by some chance you did overbid, i can't really see it being by much. As well, you need a couple of days to exhaust the Waikiki Beach strategy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to report that I won a bid on OHANA Waikiki Malia for one night on Dec 9th for $80. It's about $100 for one night. I started reading some reviews and am getting a little worried about the non-renovated rooms. Hopefully things will turn out ok...

Thanks for the help!

Congratulations on your success!

I assume at some point you switched gears and decided to bid the Waikiki Central zone, is that correct? You can email or call the hotel and put in a request for a room in the Malia Tower, which from what i'm reading, is the renovated tower.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Hotel list with the upgraded star rating for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]