Priceline Hotel: 3* Jamaica (Montego Bay Oceanfront) Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay - All Inclusive

macdona
By macdona,
in

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Lauderdale by the Sea and Cocoa Beach Hotwire threads with whatever you ended up doing for each stay... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are those the only two amenities associated with this HOTWIRE offer? (as all-inclusive properties typically show much more than two amenities)

Are you ready to commit to a January stay now?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Resort

Beachfront Property

Food and Beverages Included

A la Carte Dining Options

Evening Entertainment Included

Daily Activities Included

Complimentary Breakfast

Children's Activity Program

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Tennis Nearby

All-Inclusive

I committ when I find a suitable place at a reasonable price.

This property has not yet been reported to the board.

The Riu Negril would be at least one possibility, but i'm far from certain.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

One other question. Just noticed that the only hotel in Jamaica that Priceline has listed in the hotel listing is the Riu Club Hotel. I'm assuming that's the one you are referring to in your email. Do you know if this hotel is the only one Priceline uses or do they have more added that's not listed? If so I could possibly try your idea on Priceline and see what comes back, hopefully get that same hotel for cheaper. And I know Priceline is a gamble!

Yes, those two properties are one in the same, to clarify, it's located at Norman Manley Blvd in Negril.

The 'retail section' of PRICELINE and the 'name your own price' side of their service each use a different universe of hotels, so you can't assume that the hotels you're seeing on the retail side is one of the hotels which you will win when bidding. For additional information on this subject see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Okay.

I didn't look at the retail section of Priceline at all. I guess I should have said Priceline name your own price. What I'm wondering is ....I looked up Pricelines name your own price hotel list, here on this Better Bidding website, and there is only one listed for Jamica...Riu Club Hote,l so is that the one I will most likely get(becuase it's the only one on the list) or are they using more that is not added to your list?

Thanks

The hotel list only contains hotels reported the board, so there could always be other properties still unknown, as well as other hotels recently upgraded or new to offering their properties thru PRICELINE's "Name Your Own Price" service. See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

Started at $140, kept increasing until $165 was accepted. Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort..January 11th, 2012.

$191 with taxes and fees for one night. Did one night to see which hotel would be accepted.

We will be staying for another 6 nights and will most likely book remaining nights through Priceline again and hopefully get the same resort. Seems to have good reviews.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received at this poroperty.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List for the area.

Feel free to start a NEW TOPIC if you'd like help, or to report a win, for the remaining nites of your stay.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]