England London Thistle Charing Cross Soho Mayfair

Kate_W
By Kate_W,
in

I just wanted to report that our stay at the Thistle Charing Cross went well. There were no problems at check-in or check-out (I was glad see that my non-US credit card worked). We told them at check-in that we were on our honeymoon and asked for a double bed on a non-smoking floor. We got what we wanted, and it seemed to be on a recently renovated floor (6th). The room was small but well-designed, comfortable and not very noisy (despite being over a train station). The bathroom was nice enough - not spectacular, but everything worked, was newly fitted and clean.

I'm not sure the area would be my first choice for a London trip. Mostly I shop in London, and this hotel was better situated for sightseeing than for shopping in my favourite areas. But overall, we were very pleased with our deal.

• 7 months later...

I just returned from a quick trip to london this past weekend and wanted to report on my stay at Thistle Charing Cross.

Without a doubt, it was one of the best hotel experiences I've had in 5 trips to London. Check-in was fast and efficient, and when I asked for a room with two beds (since I was traveling with my two children) I was put into room 606, which she said "might work for 3 people." Imagine our surprise when we opened the door to room 606 and it consisted of 2 twins and a huge double bed. I felt the room was exceedingly large compared to the others that I have stayed in on trips to london. The accomodations were top-notch; everything in the room felt new and very well cared for.

There was some noticeable noise from the train station below, but as the trains tapered off in the evenings it never did really bother us or keep us awake, although a light sleeper might find it less than desirable. We rarely heard anyone else on our floor, so no problems with noise there either.

The location of the hotel can't be beat for sightseeing, and one of the local hop-on hop-off buses parks right at the entrance to Charing Cross Station-literally steps from the hotel's front door.

The only caution I can give fellow travellers is to double-check their receipt when they check out-I was being charged for my room again and when I questioned the charge the gentleman asked if I had prepaid with Priceline and removed those charges from my bill. had i not checked and questioned it i would have paid for the room again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]