Priceline Hotel: 3.5 or 4* in D.C. - can it really be this high?

redbird
By redbird,
in

Trying to get 3.5 or 4* hotel to attend meetings near dupont circle on Nov. 14-16. I tried dupont circle and downtown/whitehouse and have been bidding daily for about a week now and now have been rejected for $225. Can this be right? Any suggestions? Thank you so much for any help.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Unfortunately, rates can definitely get very high in DC or other major cities if there is an event going on. Rates are looking very high on HOTWIRE, with no availability in the Dupont zone on that discount service, and the cheapest in the White House zone is $336 for a 4*. What would be your desired budget per night, and which zones would be acceptable?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Unfortunately $300 isn't too bad of a rate for these dates at the moment. I think your best bet is to continue to monitor HOTWIRE rates and see if you see any price drops for this (or a nearby) area... as well as try PRICELINE every 2-3 days or so, hoping that some lower priced inventory opens up.

HOTWIRE has some 4* hotels in Arlington for ~$200/nite, but it would involve commuting into DC, which i don't if it's worth the trade-off to you vs. staying directly at the conference hotel.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]