Hotwire Hotel: 4* Hotel Dublin West

mandaring
By mandaring,
in

Hi all, I will be stopping in Ireland during a European trip for the weekend of 11/18/2011 to 11/21/2011 and was looking through Hotwire for some reasonably priced hotels. I found a 4* in Dublin West listed below for $62/night.

4-star Hotel in Dublin West

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what this might be, and being this is my first stop in Dublin, if "West" area was a good area to stay in. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Amanda

The Hotwire map shows the West area as about 4 miles wide, and then it is a little bit further from that area to the actual center of Dublin. I do see a couple public transport signs on the map. If you are comfortable with public transport and a bit of a hiker the distance aspect could work? Might even be quieter than central Dublin??

I'm not personally familiar with the area so can't comment on things like safety, night life, etc. Sometimes web sites like www.lonelyplanet.com and www.fodors.com can also shed light on things. Worth checking out before you commit.

Several years ago, after a long hunt, I ended up taking a student room at Trinity college. Not fancy, but inexpensive and I liked the central location.

Another different option is the Dublin airport area. Inexpensive and frequent bus service to the city.

Romelle

This property has not yet been reported to the board.

If i were to take a guess, i think the Best Western Skylon or Clarion Liffey Valley would be a possibility.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Forgot to post my reply to this - I decided I couldn't take the risk booking on Hotwire for this trip, especially since the hotel hadn't been reported. I instead booked the Harcourt Hotel through the Ireland tourist website. The place was definitely sub-par for my expectations there but for $100 or so per night it wasn't terrible, but I had to remember it is Europe and their accommodations are not up to par with U.S. amenities (in my opinion).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]