Priceline Hotel: Hong Kong 5* November 15 - 16

Stranded
By Stranded,
in

Thanks for the tip on repeat bidding! Very good, method, particularly in HK.

I'd like to stay in a good hotel (HKW) and have been low-balling the 5* hotels. I have time on my side.

Have worked my way up from $102 to $141, with no success.

I like to bid unusual numbers, rather than 100-105-110-115, old strategy and I can't quite justify it, but it seems to have been successful in the past. You never know when you're paying $2 too much, or lose by $2.

So, how do I find a realistic entry point? Historically I hit about 1/2 the lowest published price I can find and slowly rachet myself up.

I originally hit this board to see if it had historic records of 5* and 4* wins.

Any rules of thumb for HK 5* or 4*?

SS

Is West Hong Kong Island the only zone you're willing to accept for this trip? Did you want to bid for a 5* up to your limit before trying for a 4* property?

As i don't offhand know the tax rate in this area, what is your maximum bid amount for this stay?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately i've never been to Hong Kong, but i can tell you that by far the most frequently bid zones are West Hong Kong Island and Tsim Sha Tsui. I would do a little research to see how easy it is to go from TST to WHK Island (via ferry or tunnel) which would then likely give you some direction as to whether both of these zones, or just WHK, is acceptable... from there we can suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]