AZ Tucson Westward Look Resort North

elysium
By elysium,
in

Just returned from Tucson and a wonderful 4 night stay at Westward Look. I got a rate of $60/night through Priceline.com, but there is an additional $12/night resort fee that was charged at the resort. Still a great price when I would expect to pay much more than $100/night for the room. The room was very spacious--could hold 4 with fold-out, but for just me it was palatial-feeling. There is an additional mini-frig (other than the one stocked with stuff) under the bathroom/dressing area counter that I didn't discover until getting ready to leave. Hair dryer, coffee machine in room. Wireless internet access available for $11.00 for 24 hour use. Nicely tiled bathroom/dressing area. Very comfy king bed. Rooms are in buildings of 6 rooms each, staggered with 2 rooms down, 2 ground level, and 2 up a few steps. Each has patio or balcony, view of desert and/or city. Very quiet. Gardens, landscaping, nature trails, views of Catalinas were awesome. It is historic and rustic, yet extremely comfortable, well maintained, peaceful, classy and relaxing. It was mostly a business trip for me so I didn't take advantage of spa or recreational opportunities other than walking around the property. I know that the Gold Room has fabulous food though, and the city views are great from the dining room. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. It was tough to leave! Perfect spot for the nature lover who wants to experience the feeling of the beautiful Sonoran desert and yet not be too far removed from the city. It's only about 20 minutes to downtown. It was heavenly. If I wasn't moving there, I would certainly return.

• 2 weeks later...

I just completed the stay at the Westward Look. Following are some observations on the resort:

- Rooms are very large. Very comfortable. Bathrooms are a little dated. Very small tub.

- They clip you for a $12/day resort fee. So, my $60 win was really $72.

- The resort has three pools. They are not up to the caliber of what they should be for a resort of this caliber. A little small and the main pool does not have cool decking and gets quite hot.

- The food was excellent. B-fast and dinner in the gold room. dinner was 4 star all the way. Not cheap but the value is good for the quality of food you get. They are lucky to have a chef this good in Tucson.

- Mixed drinks were light on the booze. And expensive. Very inconsistent with the quality of the food.

- The fitness center was not very good. It should be better for a resort of this caliber.

- The staff was top notch, across the board.

They have some desert hiking trails and such. I did not try them though.

Not a bad experience but in all liklihood I will not go back. I think the Omni Tucson National and Ventana Canyon would be better choices. Or La Paloma.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]