Priceline Hotel: Maui in 2012

vanpoodle
By vanpoodle,
in

I'd like to take my husband to Maui at some point in 2012 (particularly Wailea). I just don't know when is the best time to go. I know I'm not likely to snag a deal over Xmas as that is high season, but I can't figure out what the other times to avoid are, and when a nice low bid is most likely to be accepted. Can anyone offer any wisdom on this? I'm looking at 4* or resort level.

If you're truly flexible, i would start with Sept thru November... you can search HOTWIRE, Expedia, etc to see rates for this generally 'low season', compare to the Xmas season (to see what 'high season' prices are right)... then search other dates which make work for your needs and see where they fall within the range.

Once you're ready to move forward with a more concrete date range let us know and we'll investigate further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're truly flexible, i would start with Sept thru November... you can search HOTWIRE, Expedia, etc to see rates for this generally 'low season', compare to the Xmas season (to see what 'high season' prices are right)... then search other dates which make work for your needs and see where they fall within the range.

Once you're ready to move forward with a more concrete date range let us know and we'll investigate further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

High season is any holiday or when kids are out of school.

thanks, that's a good rule of thumb. But when large parts of the US have nasty weather in Jan/Feb, is it generally more expensive then as opposed to July/Aug? I would so love to snag that lovely Wailea Marriott at a stellar price, but also have to juggle our work demands! But I could work with next Sept-Nov as well!

Another way of approaching this is to just look at the rack rates of that Wailea Marriott.

I tried a week in Jan and in Feb. Easy answer - there was no availability. A week in July and in August both started at $461 per night. Try some more dates, and then go for the low rate dates.

Or maybe check another hotel or two to be sure you aren't running into some group event at the first hotel.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]