Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Sacramento (Downtown) Holiday Inn Express

pterrell
By pterrell,
in

I'm planning a family gathering in Sacramento Sept 30 - Oct 1. Two families are going to arrive by Amtrak and the local family is disabled, so knowing that the hotel location is near the station and light rail is key.

I'm seeing at 3* for $48 that I'm suspecting is Governors Inn. The amenities match the Hotwire list, with the addition of shuttle service, which is listed on the hotels website. TripAdvisor matches with a rating of 4.

3* Governors Inn

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet

OR

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet

Anyone want to disagree? :)

Governor's Inn is my best guess too.

The listing says 500+ Hotwire reviews, and with that many reviews this is very likely a new icon set for a hotel already in the Hotel List; not someplace new and unreported. The other reported hotels with a Shuttle Icon--Hawthorn Suites and La Quinta--were rated 2.5* at last reports and neither of those has a 4/5 TripAdvisor rating.

I'll vote for Governor's Inn then.

If you purchase please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

The icons have changed and the price is now $56, up from $48. I still think it's likely the Governor's Inn though. Still 500+ reviews, although the TA stats are now deleted.

Shuttle, Comp Breakfast, Fitness, Pool, Internet

If it's not the Governor's Inn it's something else with a shuttle, maybe the Hawthorn Suites upgraded to 3*. Gov Inn and Hawthorn are across the street from each other.

Good luck!

I guess I'm the only family member "thrifty" enough to use Priceline and Hotwire. My sister decided that she'd rather rent a car, pay for downtown parking, and then spend the night in the Marriott(?) over by the med center...

And I didn't see anything on Hotwire that looked like Hawthorn or Governor's Inn.

So I used Priceline and got the 2.5* HIE...

Thanks for the advice though!

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you were hoping for, the rate certainly looks good and breakfast is still included... hope you can make it work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]