Hotwire Hotel: 4* Downtown Pike Place - Seattle

spearmint99
By spearmint99,
in

Hey everyone,

First off, this board is so helpful! So glad I found it.

I'm heading to Seattle (want to stay Downtown/Pike Place) in the beginning of October and Hotwire has a deal for $105/night, which I presume to be the Westin based on the amenities and what others have recently won, etc. I am between bidding and getting that hotel, or just going through the Sheraton directly and booking that at $145. Part of me is worried about taking the Hotwire gamble. This is where you guys come in! Need some Hotwire advice. Is it true that by booking through Hotwire you get the "lower end" rooms, i.e. the ones that aren't renovated, etc? Also, how do I pick the bed I want (King bed or two doubles, etc.)? Lastly, if I book through Hotwire, and it ends up being the Westin, could I later call the Westin about the room I'm getting and request a view, etc?

Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Any info about rooms you got, etc. would be awesome!

Thanks!!

Thanks, I will definitely use the HOTWIRE links through the site.

It actually just went down to $100.

Dates are 10/8-10/10

Downtown-Pike Place area

Smoke Free

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Recommended 90%

There's a new one in Downtown Pike Place for $89 at 3/12 stars but I don't think I'm interested in that.

Smoke-Free

Fitness Center

Restuarant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

85%

Ultimately, any info as to what rooms are actually booked under Hotwire is what I am really looking for. Are they good rooms or are they the "lesser" rooms?

I need one King bed but could be flexible if needed.

HOTWIRE and PRICELINE reservations are for a regular/non-upgraded room. If there is something considerably wrong with the room that you are given, then I would request to be moved at the front desk or call HOTWIRE.

My guess for the 3.5* would be the Crowne Plaza; with the 4* are you still seeing a business icon?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

This keeps changing on me in hotwire.

Please let me know if you can help distinguish between the two:

4* Pike Place Downtown

90% customer reviews

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

High Speed Internet

4* Pike Place Downtown

85%

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

High Speed

It continiously fluctuates between the 90% one and 85% one. Please help! I really don't want the Renaissance, which is why I haven't booked already.

They are each at $100 for 10/8-10/10

Please keep all posts regarding this stay within this thread. Thanks. :)

The HOTWIRE % rating is not a reliable indicator, as there's nothing to check it against to see current % for each hotel. Additionally, the % rating has been seen to change from time-to-time for the same listing from search-to-search, which may be happening in this case.

The Renaissance has been previously seen with this amenity set, so unfortunately it remains a possibility.

If you search for 2 adults and 2 children, there is a 4* in this spot w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for the same price, but the Renaissance has also been seen with this amenity set, so this could be the Renaissance showing with a different amenity set when more than 2 people are searched for. This listing does show a tripadvisor rating of 4/5, which is unfortunately a match for the Renaissance, Sheraton and Westin, so it does not help narrow down the possibilities in this case.

You could try bidding on PRICELINE, as well - that would still risk the Renaissance being a possibility, but at least you could most likely get a lower price.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I love this board. Just following your thread and wondering what you ended up doing. I am planning on surprising my wife with a night away to Seattle (Oct. 8th) and I am trying to figure out what hotel that is. Same icon that you got and really would love to get the Westin or Sheraton. Is the Renaissance that bad?

Sure appreciate any help.

I am planning on booking in the next day or so and will use this link to make my bid and follow up.

Thanks in advance for any help. It is appreciated.

shansar,

Unfortunately the OP has not followed-up their thread with whatever they have decided to do for this stay (or it's possible they have not yet made a decision).... while you wait for a reply feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]