Priceline Hotel: 3* Oakland-Eastbay (Oakland-Alameda) Marriott City Center

tsmpdx
By tsmpdx,
in

in a recent post the two 3 star hotels in downtown Oakland (Eastbay (Oakland - Alameda)) were identified as

3* Courtyard Downtown

3* Marriott City Center (previously 3.5*)

I need to have something within walking distance of BART. These two would be fine. Can anyone confirm that this is the population of downtown Oakland hotels? When I look at the "buy it now" option the Clarion is included, which would be fine, as well as airport selections. The "name your own price" Oakland/Alameda seems to exclude the airport area, as it appears to be separate. Can anyone confirm my observations? Not sure why the Clarion is not included in the downtown/Oakland-Alameda list, and want to make sure I'm not by the airport and have to deal with the shuttle. Thanks.

The zones and boundaries differ in the 'retail' section of PRICELINE and the 'name your own price' section. If you bid on PRICELINE your hotel can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone(s) you choose. As well, the retail and bidding sides of PRICELINE each use their own universe of hotels... some may participate in the retail side of their service but not the bidding, while others may participate in the bidding side but not the retail. Therefore, there is no 'finite' list of hotels in each zone, and as per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List there never could be, as new hotels are added, removed and upgraded and downgraded frequently.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline's Oakland-Alameda zone excludes the airport area but it does include Alameda which isn't served by BART.

Theoretically you could be the first to report winning a 3* hotel in Alameda, although I don't think that's likely since Priceline doesn't show any 3* hotels in Alameda in their retail product. They do offer a couple 2.5* in Alameda.

For easy BART access you're probably safe bidding 3* in Oakland-Alameda, but never 100% guarantee.

If you win something please let us know what you get. Good luck!

I would like to name my own price on a three star in Oakland that is close to BART...
Priceline's Oakland-Alameda zone excludes the airport area but it does include Alameda which isn't served by BART... For easy BART access you're probably safe bidding 3* in Oakland-Alameda, but never 100% guarantee.

As there is no way to limit your bidding to only a hotel close to Bart, are you comfortable bidding the Oakland-Alameda zone? If so, what is your maximum bid for a 3* hotel in this zone? If not, is anything currently offered on HOTWIRE of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As there is no way to limit your bidding to only a hotel close to Bart, are you comfortable bidding the Oakland-Alameda zone? If so, what is your maximum bid for a 3* hotel in this zone? If not, is anything currently offered on HOTWIRE of interest?

Thanks for the insights! I'll check HOTWIRE before deciding how to proceed.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* for $67. It's something we haven't seen here before but my guess is it's the Waterfront Hotel at Jack London Square. The Waterfront's a Joie de Vivre hotel and it gets very good reviews, but it looks like it's about 12 blocks from BART, which I suspect is further than you want to be. (You can take the ferry from Jack London to downtown SF though, if that's your destination.)

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Highspeed

Hotwire has no 3* in Oakland and the 2.5* they're offering is a known hotel that's not near BART.

The only way to guarantee a near BART location is to pay rack rate for a known hotel. Marriot is $149 and Courtyard $129. If you want to gamble on PRICELINE I think odds of getting one of those two are very much in your favor, though not 100%. I suggest bidding the $45-60 range.

Please let us know what you decide, and thanks for using the PRICELINE link, if you go that route.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]