Hotwire Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown West) Hyatt Regency

kingsubbu
By kingsubbu,
in

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some assistance with my Priceline Bidding for a 4 STAR hotel in downtown Vancouver:

I tried the following: (all rejected)

Vancouver - 60

Added Surrey - 65

Added Langley - 68

Added Delta - 72

I have a budget of $75 (max) - I am not sure if it is too low for a 4 STAR for the summer. Also, is it too early to bid right now?

Finally, I looked at HOTWIRE and they seem to have the Sherataon wall centre (chked identity by looking at earlier posts) for 119 a night which can be brought down by around 40 bucks (using the Entertainment Coupon and the bonus money). HOTWIRE charges much higher fees though...should I wait longer before purchasing from HOTWIRE?

Sorry for the long post. I think this board is wonderful and extremely friendly!

thanks so much for an excellent service

subbu

I'm sure thereuare will have some additional advice, but I thought I would mention that Monday, August 1st is a holiday (BC Day), so there will likely be some additional demand for hotels over the weekend you are there.

I only checked quickly, but I think the Marriott Pinnacle, the Hyatt, and the Westin Bayshore all seem to have fairly high rates for your dates (in the range of $249 to 299 Cdn, although somewhat lower for AAA rates, etc). The Sheraton Wall Centre has a Best Available Rate of $269 (although it has an Internet special of $179).

Based on those rates, I would say the Hotwire deal looks pretty good. Or you could try rebidding once more on Priceline and go up to about $80 or $85, since that is what you will be effectively paying for Hotwire, anyway. Mind you, you risk losing the HOTWIRE rate altogether if you wait too long....

Given the higher than usual rates and holiday information that Scrop provided (thanks :) ) i would take the Hotwire deal.

If you're eligible to bid again immeidately i would do so (up to the cost of the equivalent purchase on hotiwre), but if you can't bid immeidately i would just take the hotwire deal. You're basically looking at no more than a $10 difference... and if the hotwire offer suddenly disappears you'll be looking at paying a lot more than that and i don't think the risk is worth it.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase. If you want to use the rebate url just to be 'safe', please click the previous HOTWIRE link before going to the rebate url as credit will still be given. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your dates also coincide with part of the Celebration of Light Fireworks Competition. This is billed as the largest fireworks competition in the world, and they expect huge attendance.

Sweden will be featured on July 30th at 10 pm, so you should definitely try for a hotel room on a higher floor with a view toward English Bay. Or just attend the show by going down to the beach. Or you can buy tickets for a BBQ on the BathHouse roof and have the best seats in town.

Let us know how the bidding goes.

• 1 month later...

I finally decided to take the plunge and go ahead and book my reservation using Hotwire (after a long string of unsuccesful bids using Priceline!) Landed up with the Hyatt Regency Vancouver for 110 bucks a night - not bad for a Friday and a Saturday night. The deal is made sweeter after the GIFTCARD rebate and the $30 Entertainment rebate!

Placed my bid through the link...thanks a lot Betterbidding!

Restaurant amenities: Fitness Center, Pool , Restaurant and Business Center.

Does any one have any tips/reviews for this particular hotel? Any particular wing that has better views? Thanks.

Will keep you all posted on the status of my Entertainment Rebate.

subbu

I think you did very well for your dates!

There is a brief review here and you can check TripAdvisor reviews, also.

I think higher floors have generally better views, and you could ask about water views. You might ask for a corner room or a room with a balcony, also. Depends what is most important to you. If you wanted to watch the fireworks on the 30th from your room, a room with a balcony facing English Bay would be nice.

Can you post a review when you complete your stay?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]