Priceline Hotel: istanbul 11/7 thru 11/13

bribennett
By bribennett,
in

Brian,

This wasn't there when I was bidding, or I would have nailed it. A Hotwire 4* Beyazit - Grand Bazaar area hotel when searching on just one person - $57! Only for 11/9-11/13, but it would sure help your average, no matter what you did with those other 2 days.

For 11/7-11/9 there is a Hotwire 3 1/2* for $70 (again, one person). It goes away when I increase to 2 people.

Romelle

Yes, the same 11/7-11/13 dates as my Istanbul hotel thread. Amenities are as follows:

Hotwire offering 5 star for $112

Aksaray-Laleli-Topkapi area

Fitness center

Pool

Restaurant

Self service laundry facilities

Spa services

High speed internet access.

Also, I always access and/or book Priceline and Hotwire through this site.

Please keep all post for the same stay in the same thread, if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board.

The property above has not yet been reported to the board, but my best guess is the Barcelo Eresin Topkapi.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Has anyone ever gotten a Taksim area bid accepted at any price?

Brian,

I hope you get some lurker to "fess up" an as yet unreported win.

In the list of hotels at the beginning of this PRICELINE - Other Countries area there are no reports of Istanbul successful bids.

In the list of hotels at the beginning of the corresponding HOTWIRE - Other Countries are these reported hotels:

5* Crowne Plaza Old City

5* Ramada Plaza City Center

4.5* Holiday Inn Istanbul City

4* Best Western Amber Hotel

4* Hotel Sumengen (my report)

4* Ipek Palas Hotel

3.5* Courtyard

Right now, for your dates and 2 people , HOTWIRE has a 4* Sultanahmet for $73 (possibly the Hotel Sumengen I got, as the amenities are the same) and a 5* Aksaray - Laleli - Topkapi (sort of in the Taksim area) for $110. And there some other options for 1 person.

Romelle

• 3 weeks later...

Ronelle,

Just to let you know that you got a good deal on the Sumengen by acting in a timely manner. I would up booking it directly for a 3 night stay at $90.Only upside for me is that it includes airport transport one way. Perhaps we'll bump into each other at the Sumengen. Again, thanks for your help.

Brian

Brian - I did just email the Sumengen asking about airport transport. They informed me it would cost 30 Euros from IST, as it was not included in my Hotwire rate. Hope that makes you feel a bit better. I'll probably take public transport from the airport.

For your return to the airport, if you are also interested in public transport, as near as I can tell:

400 meter walk generally NW to Sultanahmet Square and the T1 tram. This walk seems to be mostly through a park. No direct streets, but you'll be an old hand by then.

Ride the tram generally W to Zeytinburnu and transfer to the Metro.

Ride the metro further W to IST (6th and last stop).

See you in Istanbul! My son managed to get away from work so also is traveling with me. I'm fortunate to genuinely enjoy his company so a good deal.

Romelle

• 5 months later...

I used the BB Support Page link to Viator and they have a transfer from the airport advertised at less than half what the hotel quoted you. Still working on my hotels for my 1-19-12 to 1-23-12 trip to IST. Still have the Basileus as a back-up that can be cancelled without penalty. Have fun!

The transfer you mentioned was expensive. US$15.00 is the price for person, minimun 6 persons required. For 2 people you have to pay US$ 62.50.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]