Hotwire Hotel: *4 Chicago Grant Park 11/3-11/7

shoals area
By shoals area,
in

Priceline guarantees only bedding for 2 persons, so you can get stuck with 1 bed per room. Hotwire does allow you to bid for up to 4 persons per room (generally) but that could come with a number of bedding type configurations. The moderators are excellent with their advice so look for their comments, however, I wanted to comment first on the general gist of your inquiry. Good luck.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

In the case of 4, HOTWIRE is the best option, as indicating 4 would ensure some form of bedding for the entire party, whereas PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy/one bed (users can request two beds, but no guarantees.)

One question: are you going to be mainly doing tourist activities on the other days? I ask because if you're going to be primarily in the Michigan Ave area for much of the rest of the time,it may be best to stay there and take a cab or walk to the race.

What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast and Mag MIle-Streeterville will likely be your best zones for shopping, nightlife, etc... although the Loop zone would put your closer to Grant Park. Since the rate is only for part of one day of this four day trip, i think the NMA and Mag Mile zones would be better, but it will likely come down to convenience vs. budget.

If you search HOTWIRE for quad occupancy the least expensive 4* hotel in any of the zones above is $231.. and from there the next 4* hotel is $262/nite. Besides these HOTWIRE offers, you may also want to consider bidding on PRICELINE for two rooms... you might succeed at the ~$145 area, if the extra $5 per person or so would be worth the extra expense for extra space and the extra bathroom for getting ready each morning/nite before you head.

AaronJB is local to the area and i'm sure will add his thoughts based upon the answer to the questions he previously asked.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is definitely a difficult set of dates, unfortunately - a number of properties are expensive for the Friday/Saturday 11/4 & 5 (possibly for the race) and then less expensive on 11/3 and 11/6.

I'm seeing a 4* for $227 in the NMA area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf which would likely be the Whitehall. That property is in a fantastic location, but is an older, independent property that gets very mixed reviews.

The other downtown 4* I'm seeing is in the Loop w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for $257. This could be the Allegro or Burnham; if it turns out to be the Allegro (and I think it might be) that puts you in the West Loop, which is out of the way from a tourist perspective - it would be a fair trek to both Grant Park and a trek to Michigan Ave. This area also can be quiet at night. Either of these properties are very nice, but locations (especially the Allegro) are not optimal.

There's also a 3.5* NMA for $200 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa. This would be a possible match for the Indigo - I like the Indigo, but it's the furthest property North in the zone. It is a few minutes walk North of the North tip of the NMA area. So, this would not be a centrally located property, but it is in a nice area - the Gold Coast neighborhood, which has nightlife and restaurants. There's a subway a couple of blocks away.

Unfortunately, the deal that I particularly like involves splitting your stay. The Embassy Suites Lakefront is $219 via Orbitz for 11/5-7, and coupon code ORBITZ5 takes 5% off - $208.05. Not a 4*, but very nice 3.5* w/free breakfast, suite and evening reception. Then HOTWIRE has a 4* for 11/3-5 in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business when searching for 4 adults for $178. This could be a possible match for the Sax, Felix or Palomar. I'd lean towards it being the Sax, but be prepared for any of the 3.

In this split your stay scenario, you'd have a well-located 3.5* w/a larger room and free breakfast/evening reception for the second half and a 4* for the first two nights. Both properties would also be more centrally located - the HOTWIRE options above for all 4 nights are not as centrally located. Additionally, the per night average (about $193) would be less.

Please let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, Orbitz or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]