Priceline Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa

tk4books
By tk4books,
in

I started bidding last week, first bid about $70 with Hollywood selected. I kept adding locations that didn't offer 4* hotels (Miramar, Ft Lauderdale Airport North, Ft. Lauderdale North, Pampano Beach, and Coral Springs) and offering more in $5 increments. I've also been watching the Hotwire price for Hollywood Beach 4* hotels. Hotwire was $143 until today when it jumped to $188. I went into panic mode and decided to start bidding in $10 increments. Last rejected was $120 and it hadn't been 24 hours so I added Coral Springs and bid $130 today and got it! I am thrilled! $130 + $5 travel insurance + $23.75 taxes = $158.75 total charges.

I started with Betterbidding.com and selected my Priceline dates then went to my account to select my offer page.

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading on Tripadvisor that many people who win the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa on Priceline are put at the Diplomat Golf Resort. I was hoping for the beach location. My confirmation shows the South Ocean Drive, Hollywood address which is the beach location. When I searched on the Westin site, the golf location is showing a Diplomat Drive, Hallandale address. Do you think I am understanding this correctly? Have other people posted that they received the golf location? I will try and call ahead a week prior to my travel to see what information is available. It's not that I should complain for $130 but I will be greatly disappointed if they put us at the golf location.

I would call now to find out the location, and if it happens to be the Golf location, inquire about getting re-assigned to the Beach location. If they say 'no' or only what's available at check-in, you can always call a little closer to your stay to try again to see if 'anything has opened up'.

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE guests have been assigned to both locations.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did call, and I was transferred to reservations. VERY nice lady said the booking is in the system but that the actual room won't be assigned until the day of or possibly the day before check in. She suggested I call two or three days ahead and speak directly to the front desk. At that time I can request to be assigned the beach location. Either location will show the South Ocean Drive address listed on the confirmation per Nice Lady.

I stayed at this hotel in the spring of this year, thought I got a killer deal for a beachfront location, but upon arrival was ushered to the "Golf" location. Don't get me wrong, the golf location was the finest hotel I've ever stayed in; the bathroom was the most spectacular bathroom I've ever seen, whether in a home or hotel. Enormous, all travertine tile, huge soak tub, huge steam rain shower, even had a bidet! The hotel is unbeleivable. The only downside is that it's a 5 minute shuttle ride to the beach. I went to the beach a few times, the pool there is something out of Vegas. Anyway, either way its a great hotel, but maybe be ready to slip the clerk some cash if you want to stay beachfront.

I called Priceline Customer Care regarding my concerns. She "assured" me that I was booked at the beach location. I explained that per Westin reservations, I could be assigned the golf location. She was shocked that they could send you to another property which is even in a different town (shows Hallandale as the address). She made a note that I called, and she suggested calling back to Customer Care if they assign me the golf location. I asked that she address this as a problem that the property is sending guests to a different location so Priceline can work it out with the Diplomat as policy. Even if they would ask if you would be interested in the golf location (maybe some would). I would consider this a "bait & switch" if Westin continually sends Priceline guests to the golf location. And, I agree, slipping some cash might work, too!

I won the Westin Diplomat on Priceline last year and the address came up as 501 Diplomat Drive. At the time I assumed it was the Beach location and told the hubby. It wasn't until months later that I was looking at the address when the light bulb went on. I could not believe I missed that key piece of info. At the time anyone who was winning the beach location had the South Ocean Drive. I would expect that you will have the beach location

With respect to the Spa location I was very happy with the amenities for what I paid. It was just as nice in person. Extremely quiet, we were the only ones in the pool one afternoon. Downside was no bar service outside. We did take the shuttle and spent the afternoon at the beach location one day. I tried to stay there the year before but lost my night due to a snowstorm here at home.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]