Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Disney Maingate-Celebration) Gaylord Palms

montie329
By montie329,
in

This is my first time trying Priceline and I carefully read all the posts before linking thru and doing this. I wanted the Omni Resort at Championsgate or Hyatt Resort at Cypress. I started at $62 because a recent winner last night got the Hyatt for $62. Said no, went to $65, then $68, then $70 and instead of either one, I got the Gaylord Palms Resort.

Unfortunately, I just looked at their website and their kids pool is closed for renovation. The reason I wanted the other two resorts is that they have cool kids pools and I have 2 9 yr olds celebrating a birthday! Is there any way I can get out of this reservation? Please help!

Now I have been on the phone with Priceline customer service for over 15 minutes and they won't do anything about canceling my reservation and rebooking me somewhere else. How did you get out of your reservation over a non-smoking room being unavailable? These people will not cancel my reservation over this issue.

So my first experience with Priceline really STINKS!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed in the result. :)

With PRICELINE, if you bid for a particular star rating and a particular zone (for example, Resort level in the Disney Maingate-Celebration zone), you have to be willing to accept any of the potential hotels fitting that star rating in that zone. The Hyatt is in a different zone - Lake Buena Vista/Downtown Disney; if you selected Resort level in both zones, you could possibly get a hotel in either zone at the star level selected. The list of PRICELINE properties in Florida that have been reported to the board is available here: Priceline Hotel List.

Can you confirm the date/s of travel so that we can update the site's Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins? Thank you.

I'd call the hotel and ask for their advice regarding the situation in terms of wanting a pool for the occasion and not expecting to get the hotel and see what they say regarding alternatives/alternative ideas. Hopefully the birthday celebration will still go well. :o

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Hi,

We stayed at the Gaylord Palms a few weeks ago, and although the kids' pool is under construction, the large adult pool was open, and many families were enjoying it. They also had foosball and pingpong tables and a large inflatable slide set up near the pool so the kids would have extra activities. (These appeared to be free... included with your $15 or so resort fee-- which I take issue with when there is major construction going on and only one pool is open, but good luck fighting that battle). The Gaylord does have a small, but well maintained arcade, too, as well as reptile exhibits and daily alligator feedings in the Castillo de San Marcos atrium. Don't be upset... keep a positive attitude and your kids will probably like it just fine! It really is an interesting place to explore.

PS You are wasting your time trying to get a refund from PL. Focus instead on creating extra-special moments with your kiddos. If you need "free" ideas, I recommend checking out Downtown Disney... the Lego store is awesome as are many of the other restaurants, shops.

PPS I almost always request a 2 bed, nonsmoking room with PL reservations and have never had a problem. Try again, or request one again at checkin. Maybe your operator was having a bad day.

We stayed at the Gaylord Palms a few weeks ago...

Assuming this was a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchase, it would be appreciated if you shared this, and any future, wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]