Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Westin Airport

rickshi
By rickshi,
in

Check in 29 September

check out 1st October

I would like to stay 3 star hotels in HOllywood(zone4) or LAX (zone 7) airport or Santa MOnica (zone 9), I try to bid 2 rooms and give the room rate up to US 85.00 which is the rate I think reasonable but still are not able to success, could someone can help me to point out the reason? or I'm using the wrong stragety. My strategy is as following:

US60, zone 4

US65, zone 4+5

US70, zone 4+5+6

US75, zone 4+5+6+1

same strategy for zone 7 and 9.

I'm new and this is the first time of bidding hotel rooms. HOpe someone can help me!

Thanks...Rick

Please provide an update for your San Francisco Priceline thread.

In terms of your LA stay, please provide the names of the zone/s in question rather than the numbers. Additionally, please provide your desired max budget per night.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

thanks for your reply. the max budget in LA is US85.00, first choice is to stay Hollywood, alternative I 'm happy with Santa Monica or LAX airport.

Have you actually bid up to your $85 max? I'm seeing the Four Points Sheraton - LAX on Priceline's retail side at $98 for your dates. I'd think an $85 bid would have been successful for LAX.

Also, Hotwire has a 3* at LAX for $71 and a 4* for $78 for your dates. Perhaps you'd like to look into that?

Regarding Priceline bidding, what zones are you assuming are your free re-bid ones?

Romelle

I'm worrying about you using the above strategy. It looks like you are using zone 1 (which I think was Beverly Hills?) as a free rebid zone. Zone 1 has 3 star availability in it, so if you use it you could win it.
rickshi,

It would be recommended if you stopped for a moment and waited for a bidding strategy which is consistent with your goals, as your current bidding could easily land you in a zone that you didn't intend.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.
However, as requested, please first update your Priceline San Francisco thread with whatever you have decided to do for that stay... even if no decision has been made yet, you've cancelled the trip, booked direct, won something thru PRICELINE or hot.wrie, etc., etc. Following-up your threads and keeps the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as is a courtesy to those who took the time to help you with that stay.

Please update your previous thread and click this PRICELINE link, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at and comment on your stay above.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HI Romelle, thanks for your reply. Yes, the zone 1 is the Beverly Hills, the reason I use it as a free rebid zone is that I think this aera is a good location, the price and quality of the room is high, so I'm ok with any 3* hotel in Beverly Hills.

BTW, is it the reason of diffcult of bidding 3* hotel in LAX or Santa Monica with price even US85.00 is that I require 2 rooms?

Since Beverly Hills-West Hollywood wasn't included in your original list of acceptable zones, exactly which zones, by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept at the 3* level? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think two rooms is the issue, rickshi.

Hotwire has a 4* in LAX for $76 that looks like the Westin, so no need to bid $85 for a 3* on Priceline.

If you prefer low price over 4* rating you could try from $50 to $76 for 3* on PL once more; then buy the Hotwire 4* if those don't work. Like Romelle, I'm surprised $85/3* was rejected in LAX zone, and I think it's worth trying some lower bids again.

If you do I suggest $50 for 3* in LAX.

Add Hollywood at $55

Add Santa Monica at $60

Add BevHills at $65

Add Lawndale (rebid zone) at $70

Add Inglewood (rebid zone) at $76

No luck? Buy $76 Westin.

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases.

Hope you're pleased with your purchase.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]